• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Why does a Typekit Adobe Arabic synced font only show up as an English font?

New Here ,
Oct 01, 2015 Oct 01, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why does a Typekit Adobe Arabic font synced into InDesign only show up as an English font?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am moving this to the Adobe Type forum.

You can also ask Typekit questions here: Adobe Typekit Help center or the TypeKit support is available via email "support@typekit.com" and on twitter @Typekit.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi trevore79323620,

I'm sorry that you ran into trouble with this. Go to the Type > Glyphs panel in InDesign to see that the Arabic language support is included in Adobe Arabic:

Screen Shot 2015-10-01 at 16.49.09 PM.png

And here is some "Lorem Ipsum" text (Lorem Ipsum - All the facts - Lipsum generator) set in Adobe Arabic:

Screen Shot 2015-10-01 at 16.56.13 PM.png

For more information on using Arabic fonts in InDesign, please refer to this page:

https://helpx.adobe.com/indesign/using/arabic-hebrew.html

I hope that this helps; let us know if you have any other questions here or at support@typekit.com.  Best,

-- liz

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 12, 2017 Oct 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I just downloaded the ID Indesign. I was so excited to start using it and do some practicing during my trailer 7 days. But unfortunately I faced this problem with Arabic font witch I'm going to use this great application for making monthly or annual reports for the office. Sadly the application supports so many languages but not Arabic. I've tried Typekit but not helped. There are some fonts but I've to upgrade first to try them and because I'm not sure what are they , so It might not resolve the problem. I've also tried   Glyphs in Font menu in the application but it has only the alphabetic. It doesn't joined them correctly. I've attached an Image to give more idea and I'm sorry to use Microsoft Word because in my opinion and experience it is the only application that use Arabic so easily so far.

Adobe Font.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 12, 2017 Oct 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Arabic alphabetic take different shapes when they are separate than when they are jointed together to build a word like the example I've given on the last replay .    

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines