Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Your Favorite Fonts

Jun 13, 2012 Jun 13, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a ridiculous amount of fonts on my computer. Most of them I don't use, but I'm afraid the minute I delete them, I will need them. It's quite annoying to scroll through my looong list of fonts. Unfortunately most are free (i.e. not necessarily the mainstream fonts) because I work at a nonprofit and we can't afford to spend money on fonts.

• What are your favorite fonts? Gold star for free fonts.  
  • Is there an affordable design font package anywhere? I can't use whimsical fonts. They need to be more business-like.
  • What is the purpose of font management software? How does it help you? How does it integrate with your Adobe software?
  • Are there any nice (free or very inexpensive) font management software you would recommend?

Please note I am on PC (Window 7) so anything geared toward Macs won't work.

Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 17, 2012 Jun 17, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

freckles,

I'm afraid the minute I delete them, I will need them.

You may move them to another folder, with the option of moving them back if you need them.

What is the purpose of font management software?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Font_management_software

What are your favorite fonts? Gold star for free fonts.

Top two (oldies, no gold star, sorry):

New Baskerville (the fairest font),

Helvetica for non serif use (the real one, not the fake one).

And then some more.

After getting rid of most of the serious uglies that seemed to be completely useless, the total number was reduced to some 700 (after overdoing it and deleting some more uglies that were needed for the OS so it was necessary to restore the main drive from a backup image of it, and then start over again), with no real need for font management.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 19, 2012 Jun 19, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

At http://www.airportscars.com/ website I used CMS and all changeable by control panel. Simple fonts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines