• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

New Adobe Creative Cloud Font Activation impacts offline editing

Community Beginner ,
Oct 29, 2019 Oct 29, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The recent change in how "Fonts are Activated" requires you to be logged into Adobe Creative Cloud to use the licensed font. You are no longer able to download the asset to your PC/MAC for use offline.

How does a licensed user access fonts in MS Word to create an Adobe PDF using a licensed Adobe font when not logged into Adobe Creative Cloud?

This is a critical feature as we are not always connected to the internet when working.

Thank you for your help in advance.

Moved from Forum Help by Mod.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 30, 2019 Oct 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unless you log out in advance, the font is recognized locally even in the offline environment.
So even if you are not connected to the Internet, you can use Adobe Fonts that have been synchronized in advance.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 01, 2019 Dec 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I just started having this issue now. I have a creative cloud subscription, all my apps are the latest and I am always logged in to my account. All of a sudden my fonts can not be activated. I am having this issue on Illustrator and Indesign.

Thank you in advance for any help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 02, 2019 Dec 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If it cannot be activated even in an online environment, security software or other effects are assumed.
Also, if you are using it in your organization, you need to check if there is an obstruction to the network connection that uses Adobe services.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 02, 2019 Dec 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you! I solved it by restarting the computer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines