• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

OpenType Frutiger fonts in Photoshop displaying different weights for the same instance.

Explorer ,
Jun 25, 2014 Jun 25, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So,

Really weird bug I've noticed. Our client has provided us with Frutiger LT Std. type family and Photoshop. We are using the fonts for their designs, but instances of the same font look different. Let me explain...

If I apply Frutiger LT Std. 65 Bold to a headline at 20px, it looks fine. If I make a new layer and apply the same font treatment, it renders like a semi-bold (note: there is no semi-bold in our Frutiger font family); the difference is clearly visible. If I create a character style from the correctly displaying headline instance, and apply it to a new line of type (or an existing line of type), it displays incorrectly as a semi-bold font. If I duplicate a correctly displaying headline instance, the duplicate will do the same thing. However, if I drag/copy the correctly displaying headline instance, it displays correctly and looks fine. It's a small bug, but it's causing big inconsistencies in our design and taking a lot of time to fix.

I've tried deleting the fonts and re-installing them in Font Book. No luck.

I've tried deleting the fonts and re-installing them in Font Explorer. No luck.

I've tried deleting the fonts and re-installing them in Font Case. No luck.

In everyone of those instances, I've shut down Photoshop and restarted my computer.

If anyone has any feedback on why this is happening, or ideas for a solution it would be greatly appreciated.

Best,

Yeti

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
no replies

Have something to add?