• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

restricted font - unable to save basic pdf - help please

New Here ,
Jan 07, 2014 Jan 07, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HI I have been trying to save PDF and ai file with PDF compatibility. I used the ai font brand new era outline G98 , and it shows me message that the font could not be embeded, and safe with PDF because of licensing restrictions....??? What do I do? I am not an expert in illustrator.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The font in question is set to not allow embedding in PDF. You might want to let the designer (Graham Meade) know that is a problem for many users.

Additionally, be aware that the standard license for this "free" (no charge) font says "This font can be used for personal use only. Businesses or companies must gain permission for use."

Contact info:

gem@c031.aone.net.au

http://skyscraper.fortunecity.com/windows/3/gemfont.htm

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 08, 2014 Jan 08, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thomas,

Have you not been away for a while?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There isn't much traffic in the "typography" section of these forums, of late. I still keep an eye on them, at least most of the time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

That is very good to know, Thomas, and reassuring.

I will remember next time I refer someone to this forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Assuming that Mr. Meade cannot or doesn't want to provide a non-protected font for you, your only legal alternative if you want the font embedded in a PDF file is to find another, similar font without the embedding restriction.

- Dov

- Dov Isaacs, former Adobe Principal Scientist (April 30, 1990 - May 30, 2021)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Reading this thread is pure pleasure.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And you find “pleasure” in the fact that the OP Radana has encountered a nasty licensing issue? 

- Dov

- Dov Isaacs, former Adobe Principal Scientist (April 30, 1990 - May 30, 2021)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dov,

No, but yesterday, in the original thread in the Illustrator forum I suggested Radana post here to get the best possible answer, presumably from you.

So it was a great pleasure to see (as an extra bonus) that Thomas gave an answer within two hours and that you an answer within four hours.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines