• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Source Serif Pro (italics)

Community Expert ,
Feb 11, 2015 Feb 11, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I really like this font, and would like to use it in a book project that's coming up. Only problem is, italics aren't available yet.

Is there a chance that italics will be released within the next couple of months?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Feb 11, 2015 Feb 11, 2015

No, the italics will not be released within the next couple of months. Sorry.

You can subscribe to the Italics issue on GitHub to get updates on the progress.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, the italics will not be released within the next couple of months. Sorry.

You can subscribe to the Italics issue on GitHub to get updates on the progress.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK, thank you,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 17, 2016 Feb 17, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Adobe, please can you be more specific as to the date of when the italics for Source Serif Pro is available?
I'd like to use this for a project but not having the italics prevents me which is a real shame as the other weights are elegant and nicely designed.

I look forward to your reply, many thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ps.

I had a look at Italics issue on GitHub

but the person answering questions on the arrival of the italics isn't the friendliness or the most helpful.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 18, 2016 Feb 18, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry if my responses on Github appear unfriendly, that is not my intention.

I am glad people are interested in the Italics for Source Serif Pro, but it is puzzling how persistent people get when demanding things they’d get for free. Maybe that’s when my patience visibly wears thin …

The Italics for Source Serif will be released eventually, but they are by far not my only focus in this project. Unfortunately, much of the work happens behind the scenes, so updates more specific than “Italics will be coming soon” are impossible.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 24, 2016 Feb 24, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Frank, thanks for replying. We only ask as the other weights are designed so beautifully and we want to be able to show Source Sans Pro off in our designs (which are often books and brochures requiring italics). All the best with it -- I imagine there's a huge amount of work involved in designing a good quality typeface with all its intricacies -- and we look forward to seeing the italics when they come. Keep the faith, you're doing a great job!

Ps. Is visiting Italics issue on GitHub still the best way of getting updates?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 24, 2016 Feb 24, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Liza Whitney wrote:

Ps. Is visiting Italics issue on GitHub still the best way of getting updates?

Hi Liza,

If you're interested in getting only news about the italics, that's the best place. If you'd like to get news about the project in general, you should subscribe to the whole repository. The way things are going (and have been prioritized) it's likely that we'll publish update(s) to the upright style before the italics come out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Liza,

Thank you for your interest in Source Serif Pro. Unfortunately at this time we're not able to provide an estimate of when the italics will be released.

Regards,

Miguel

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines