Thank you for your answers. I will try turning off the GPU option and see if that still happens, but I would prefer keeping the GPU acceleration! I'd like to point out that the computer going to sleep is not the problem here. That's a normal behavior from my Mac that I am expecting. The problem is that when the computer goes to sleep while Lightroom is open, trying to wake the computer makes it crash. (Edit: Sorry, I meant to reply to the thread, and not to this message in particular)
... View more
I have been encountering this problem for a while, and updating Lightroom never fixed it.
I am using macOS 10.14.6 on a 15-inch 2018 MacBook Pro, and Lightroom Classic version 9.0 [201910151439-b660523e].
CPU: 2,9 GHz Intel Core i9
GPU: Intel UHD Graphics 630 1536 MB and Radeon Pro 560X
Here's what's happening step by step:
- I use Lightroom, everything works fine,
- I get away from the computer (Lightroom is still open). The Mac is programmed to turn off the display after 2 minutes.
- Computer (or just the display? I'm not sure) goes to sleep.
- When I get back to the computer and try to wake it up, the screen stays dark, and after a few seconds, I can hear the fan for 1 second and then nothing. (so basically it just crashes and shuts down).
- The Mac is shut down and I have to reboot it.
This only happens when Lightroom is open. So I try to remember to quit Lightroom whenever I get away from the computer, but sometimes I forget and then I have to reboot the computer...
I tried reproducing the crash by putting the computer to sleep myself, but it doesn't crash, so maybe it only happens if the computer goes to sleep by itself after a few minutes.
... View more