• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Email notifications for replies not working

Explorer ,
Aug 18, 2022 Aug 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I see several messages about this but no answers that seem to apply. I checked the option to be notified of responses to posts (in the InDesign community if that matters), and I have those options on in my profile, but I have not received any for a fairly long thread of exchanges. Not in my spam folder either.

Bug Unresolved

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
5 Comments
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i've been active on the adobe forums for over 20 years, and email notifications are spotty for me.  sometimes i get emails for threads that have no updates, i get superfluous notifications for things i've done (like marking an answer correct), and i don't always get a notice that a thread i've answered has a new post.

bottomline: i find it best to click my adobe icon at the upper right of any adobe forum page > and then click my profile

kglad_0-1660837339411.png

kglad_1-1660837428301.png

and then view the "topics i've participated in".  it's quick and easy to see if you're the last poster, or not.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks. I have benefited myself from some of your replies. The problem with your solution is that I have to stay logged in, or remember to come back and login to see if anyone has replied. It's a much better workflow to get a notice. In my already-too-full-browser, working notifications would be nice, Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

understood.

embed a screenshot of your account settings > notifications page ala

kglad_0-1660839353212.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So naturally, I did get a notification to your reply. I also realize I made it sound like I never get notifications. I have received some for another thread recently but not this most recent one (yes, the box for notification on that discussion was checked). So clearly, this is an intermittant problem. 

lifespantoo_0-1660844865999.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

yep, that's the best you can do with your settings, and yes, you may not always get notified.

Votes

Translate

Translate