Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

+1 Jive bug "The specified thread was not found"

Jul 16, 2009 Jul 16, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

By the way, I was logging in, and the thread does exist so it should have found the thread.

So there's another error for you to add to the list (if you're bothering to keep one anymore, personally I'd have given up in despair by now), Adobe. Sorry...

An unexpected error has occurred

• The specified thread was not found.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Jul 16, 2009 Jul 16, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ansury wrote:

By the way, I was logging in, and the thread does exist so it should have found the thread.

So there's another error for you to add to the list (if you're bothering to keep one anymore, personally I'd have given up in despair by now), Adobe. Sorry...

An unexpected error has occurred

• The specified thread was not found.

Happened 2 times yesterday with me. I pay no notice and just keep trucken......

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Mentor ,
Jul 17, 2009 Jul 17, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On some messages I recieve this error in Pink background:

It appears you're not allowed to view what you requested. You might contact your administrator if you think this is a mistake.

I read the entire massage in the email announcment I get for the topics. when I hit the link, I got the above.  Doesn't happen often. I clicked the link to see if there was any responses.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

it's probably like in the old forum where a topic was deleted or maybe moved to a moderator area to be reviewed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

dave milbut wrote:

it's probably like in the old forum where a topic was deleted or maybe moved to a moderator area to be reviewed.

But the topic I was supposed to be forwarded to definitely wasn't deleted or moved, it was exactly where it started out.  It's just another seemingly random occurance of the JiveBug©.  This kind of thing [not the same exact error, but just a page failing to load with some error] happens for me very, very, very often.  I've seen beta software work better than this "production" trash. 

Unless you mean that moving/deleting any other thread could cause the error. If that's the case, oh god, this software is even worse than I thought.. I didn't think that was possible.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ansury wrote:

dave milbut wrote:

But the topic I was supposed to be forwarded to definitely wasn't deleted or moved, it was exactly where it started out.  It's just another seemingly random occurance of the JiveBug©.  This kind of thing [not the same exact error, but just a page failing to load with some error] happens for me very, very, very often.  I've seen beta software work better than this "production" trash. 

Unless you mean that moving/deleting any other thread could cause the error. If that's the case, oh god, this software is even worse than I thought.. I didn't think that was possible.

Both seem like logical answers. Just run into it about once every couple of days.  And no Ansury, the extent of my dealings with it is clicking the link in the email announcement, and getting the error.

I'm not smart enought to monkey with the Forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PjonesCET wrote:

I'm not smart enought to monkey with the Forum.

Sure you are, the monkeys who built it were smart enough to get it this far, so how much worse could it get? The jives at Jive are just barely smart enough to put together a "running" (not working) application and get paid for it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

who knows maybe I am... maybe that's why I got sense enough not to mess with something I shouldn't

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines