Exit

2 Forum Comments

Community Beginner ,
Jun 13, 2012 Jun 13, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, staff.
2 comments:

1) There's no way to update your email address on the forums. I have a new address, and though I've updated it on adobe.com, the settings for forums.adobe.com still have my old one, and there's no way to change it.

2) It's extremely difficult to find the "Start a discussion" button, to make a new thread. I'm a member on over 30 forums, and I can tell you that your average, non-forum-savvy user is going to have a really hard time finding it. (I know that in YOUR heads, its location is probably plain as day, and maybe even very logical... but that means absolutely nothing the mind of someone who is seeing this site for the first time, and doesn't "speak the language" of page design. (Besides, even if they did, they'd think the button would be on the left, and much larger.))

I myself fumble around for it every time I come here. The layout doesn't follow any other forum or message platform I've ever come across.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 13, 2012 Jun 13, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not sure what more could be done, beyond the New>Discussion link:

New_Discussion.png

That seems to be fairly easy, but maybe I am missing something?

Good luck,

Hunt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Mentor ,
Jun 14, 2012 Jun 14, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

He's right even if you update on adobe.com It does not transfer over to a new Address.

And I am considering switching to comcast. You can go into your profile until the cows come home and it won't change even at the adobe com level.

I tried to do that several years ago when I needed to change mailbox names.

You should be able to change your email address on your profile.

In order to get it done I had beg an adminstrator to make the change.

Adobe is the only company I know that you are a completely new entity if you so much as change your email address. You loose track of all the products, you bought.

When I went through a name change I lost all records of products I bought prior to the email change. I have purchased Acrobat three and every up date afterwards. All records before the mailbox cahnge are in outer space.

It will never ever be fixed.  So there is nothing that can be done.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Sorry Phillip. I was only responding to # 2, and am amiss in not doing a block quote. Will do better next time.

Sorry for the confusion.

Hunt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The forums pick up your email addres (usually your Adobe ID) from your Adobe account when you sign in. Try signing out and back in to forums to see if it updates.

Here are the steps:

Go to http://www.adobe.com

Click on "Welcome, Your Name" at the top right side of the page (under the Adobe search field)

Click on My Information

Sign in with your current Adobe ID if prompted (you should now be on the Your Account page)

You will find your Adobe ID (usually your email address) in the first section

Change your Adobe ID to your new email address

That should open up a pair of buttons (Canel changes and Save my changes)

Click on Save my changes

Go back to Forums at http://forums.adobe.com

Click on Sign out in the upper right corner

Click on Sign in

Sign in with your new Adobe ID email addres

Click on your name in the upper right corner to see your profile and check to see if the new address is showing there.

You can also change your screen name at Adobe.com. Instead of the Adobe ID in the first section, go to the second section (My personal profile) to change that. Save it there. Then sign out and back into forums and confirm that the forums picked up the new information.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What page were you on when trying to find out how to start a discussion?

There are a variety of ways to start a new discussion. The ones I usually use are on a forum home page, like this...

startdiscussion.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines