Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Advocate ,
Apr 14, 2009 Apr 14, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still getting this sometimes when clicking the time of the last post. I think JC said he thought he knew what the problem might be?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Apr 26, 2009 Apr 26, 2009

Kath-H wrote:

I didn't get a 404 this time, but went to a page with the following (don't know if this is any help to anyone)

throw 'allowScriptTagRemoting is false.';

To JC, most probably. But it seems that he and his team are so busy triyng to put out the (too many) larger fires, that they don't have time at present for these small glitches...

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 127 Replies 127
May 07, 2009 May 07, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

but on the plus side, i DID stay logged in. i suppose that's a small victory!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
May 15, 2009 May 15, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

and despite having had no posts nor acknowlegements in a week, so that it slipped to the third page (i didn't want to be seen as a complainer, you see) this is still a daily occurance!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Me too, until I do a refresh.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yup. exactly as described in post #19 in this thread.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For some reason or other, on an initial visit to the forum there is sometimes a session ID inserted in the middle of the URL (as shown in message #19). I've only seen this for images on the page, not for a page URL, but Jive is aware of it and is working on a cause and fix.

John

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks john. as i said there in 19, it happens like that at every browser restart, if that info matters to jive.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Talking abouth 404 ... Why is it so simple/boring ???

Not even a link to the forum index page

Atlest put a link and maby a serach funtion ther !!!

Her is a little inspiration http://www.plinko.net/404/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Come on, people, give it a rest!  This is another Jive "feature" to keep us entertained, like the "enhanced security" of having to log in 7+ times a week!  Wow, this is so great!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ansury wrote:

Come on, people, give it a rest!  This is another Jive "feature" to keep us entertained, like the "enhanced security" of having to log in 7+ times a week!  Wow, this is so great!!!

Its most likely 7 times a day now.

Up until Today I could sign in once a day and it would expire the exact same time the next day. I could eal with that. Today I've been logged of three time already.

I guess because I had to shut down for awhile today to get some medicine for my mother and pays some bills for her and do some other errands.

She 84 was was knock down on elavator floor by Eleavator door. Possibly messed up her hip bee waiting on her had and foot last several days.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I really can't blame the session timeouts on Jive yet. It is a combination of Jive and Adobe.com cookies and settings. I'm still working with a group of people on each service to get it straightened out. This morning I was logged in when I first signed in. And that was after two reboots. So something is definitely "odd" about it and it is still being worked on.

John

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you getting a 404 or not found error on the first visit to ANY thread? Or are there specific ones?

Last week I ran across this myself, but with only one specific thread. That thread had a broken attachment image in it in a quote (the original attachment was showing fine). When I looked at the address bar in the browser, instead of the thread URL, it had the url for the image. So this appears to be separate from the other issue of URLs with a session ID number in them on a first visit. But both are being investigated.

John

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

adobe-admin wrote:

Are you getting a 404 or not found error on the first visit to ANY thread? Or are there specific ones?

After a fresh browser start, I get a 404 error on every message if I click on the "Hours ago" link above the name of the last poster.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here, I just tried it. Normally, after a browser restart (I was still logged in btw) I'd forget about that problem, go to a thread via 'lst post', get the 404, swear, go back, do a refresh and all is well.

To test this I did the same but no refresh, just tried half a dozen threads via 'last post' - 404 on all of them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Once I'd replied, above, I tried some more threads and the 404s have gone. Incidentally, getting to the reply box also took a very long time, which is not common for me. That has also cleared up now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
May 18, 2009 May 18, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

if I click on the "Hours ago" link above the name of the last poster.

exactly. without the ability to go right to your last read post, that's the closest approximation. THAT'S the link that always yeilds 404 on a browser restart without a page refresh. after the refresh, that link clears up and is fine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For some reason, I'm not getting the error at work this morning (I didn't check at home).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

~graffiti wrote:

For some reason, I'm not getting the error at work this morning (I didn't check at home).

I have been getting it every first time after a browser restart. In Mac/Firefox as well as in Vista/Explorer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Claudio González wrote:

I have been getting it every first time after a browser restart. In Mac/Firefox as well as in Vista/Explorer.

Yeah this morning must have been a fluke. I just restarted the browser and it's back.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 24, 2009 May 24, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Another 404 error. Under "your stuff" when I click on the "mailing lists" tab, I get a 404 error. The difference is that this one doesn't clear up after a browser refresh like the other one does. You just can't get in.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

~graffiti wrote:

Another 404 error. Under "your stuff" when I click on the "mailing lists" tab, I get a 404 error. The difference is that this one doesn't clear up after a browser refresh like the other one does. You just can't get in.

I can verify this; Happened to moi to.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yup. Mailing lists MIA.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well I hope they can at least get the stuff working that's supposed to work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a perfect example of a thread where the 'answered' icon should be removed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Kath-H wrote:

This is a perfect example of a thread where the 'answered' icon should be removed.

Together with the points you gave me????

Seriously now, the whole scheme of points/answered questions is nonsense, useless, and should be completely removed for ever.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
May 17, 2009 May 17, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I jus ran into this problem in the Photoshop Mac click last post and got 404.

had to go in the main link and scroll through the posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines