• 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

May 17, 2010 May 17, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I didn't want to start a new 404 thread but the old one is archived.

This is a new variant. The forum still works OK though.

404.jpg

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been getting the  same thing in same spot on occasion.  Firefox browser Win XP on laptop .

As you mentioned it does not seem to affect performance, I still get the unwanted carriage return.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been seeing that over the past few days myself.

Macintosh, Safari and Firefox.

I suspect it has something to do with the survey code, but haven't been able to confirm it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know this slightly off topic but since you brough

t up the survey code. Is there a URL for the Survey?

The window came up. but since I go in through email notifications rather than reading every forum subject directly for website. It didn't come up any more.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've seen it, too, and have no idea. There isn't anything on the page at the spot it appears. I think it started before the survey was put in place.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
May 18, 2010 May 18, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I notice that when it appears in some situations the reply box is dead – ie no cursor present and clicking does nothing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,
May 24, 2010 May 24, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is happening much too often and it is very annoying. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

typical childish programing from Aodobe. read jockem's explaination.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, it just reinforces the pervasive impression that the whole of Adobe is a mess…  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes right now I'd say there service and other matters are worse than Intuit's. And that is about as low as you can go.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
May 18, 2010 May 18, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

John Joslin wrote on 5/17/2010 7:34 PM:

http://forums.adobe.com/servlet/JiveServlet/showImage/28065/404.jpg

If you right click on it and select "Open frame in new tab" you end up

at the URL http://forums.adobe.com/js/fsrscripts/html/oeFSRInvite.html

which shows the text "Error 404".

The generated HTML for the page shows:

That code is generated from the parameters at

http://wwwimages.adobe.com/www.stage.adobe.com/js/fsrscripts/oeTriggerParams.js

by the script at

http://wwwimages.adobe.com/www.stage.adobe.com/js/fsrscripts/oeLauncher.js

It looks like this last script doesn't properly take into consideration

that the domain forums.adobe.com is not the domain www.adobe.com.

Should be easy to fix.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
May 19, 2010 May 19, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was getting the 404 error when I clicked Reply.  Did not seem to ca

use any problems.  Did not open in a seperate window or tab.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 19, 2010 May 19, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, Jochem.

Sending it along.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
May 25, 2010 May 25, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I got this for the 1st time yesterday. I read a post and when I went to reply I saw it. When I hit the back button it appeared that the original poster had edited the message and it was totally different...but the time stamp on the post showed nothing to indicate that it had been edited. I swear I wasn't seeing things.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,
May 25, 2010 May 25, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Userbak610 wrote:

I got this for the 1st time yesterday. I read a post and when I went to reply I saw it. When I hit the back button it appeared that the original poster had edited the message and it was totally different...but the time stamp on the post showed nothing to indicate that it had been edited. I swear I wasn't seeing things.

When someone edits a file it doesn't necessarily change time stamp. It depends upon when edited. if edited right away it doesn't necessarily if its everal hours or days before the correction the time stamp might change.

For example if I post something then once it comes up if I correct a misspelling I'll imediately correct. and repost. so that it remain the same place in the que. If howevr if its been hours, days , or weeks before I catch a Mistake I usuall click on the edit by button check box and add a comment.

Oh, to get rid of the 404 hit refresh or reload.

Message was edited by: Phillip Jones to add content

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 29, 2010 May 29, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have gotten errors (no 404 though), when I went to post an edited reply, to which someone had replied, before I could finish. Then, I am denied access to post that edited version.

I've gotten similar, when I am posting a reply to a message, at exactly the same time as another user is posting. In this particular case, using Back (to get to my un-posted reply box), and then hitting Post again has gotten me past this "log jam."

Just some observations, on similar issues,

Hunt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 01, 2010 Jun 01, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The first scenario sort of makes sense. You cannot edit a message that has been replied to. Doing that could change the context and nullify the reply. Would be nice, though, if it alerted you to this and then offered to let you post a new reply with the corrected/changed info.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 01, 2010 Jun 01, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the reply. I am aware of the limitation on editing a reply, that has been replied to. In the cited case, it was a matter of timing only (or that is my take on it). I'd start to edit, but then a user would reply, before I posted, and effectively nullify my ability to do the edit. That has been the only 404 instances, that I have received, and understand the "why." In those cases, I just Copy and go to Reply to my message, and Paste. Not quite so neat as editing, but then if I am slow, that is what I deserve. I also appreciate that I cannot edit a reply, once replied to, as it could be very, very confusing. In a perfect world, a little red light would come on, telling me that my message had been replied to, and I'd not be able to edit it.

Appreciated,

Hunt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jun 02, 2010 Jun 02, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

adobe-admin wrote:

The first scenario sort of makes sense. You cannot edit a message that has been replied to. Doing that could change the context and nullify the reply. Would be nice, though, if it alerted you to this and then offered to let you post a new reply with the corrected/changed info.

I disagree - this is Jive's bass-ackwards poor design.  Most well designed forum software allows you to edit your post but either requires a reason or forces a "last edited at" timestamp at the bottom of the post.  Yes this could still 'invalidate' a reply (one could argue this is what quoting directly relevant text is for, if someone really cares), but this is a technical forum, not a political debate website where you're concerned about someone changing what they said to win an argument.

On the other hand, since this is a technical forum, all disabling edits does is ensure that any initial mistakes must remain in the thread and cannot be corrected by the OP.  Jive - you're doing it wrong!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines