• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

A humble tribute to a good man

LEGEND ,
Nov 25, 2012 Nov 25, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I suddenly noticed that the name of John Joslin still appears in the list of Top Participants of this forum, more than a year after his death. He was indeed a very top participant, a good man on all counts. I never had the pleasure of meeting him in person, but we had many nice interchanges here and through PMs and emails.

I think that he fully deserves that his name be kept in the list, and would like to request that it is kept there indefinitely.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 25, 2012 Nov 25, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hear, hear!

Nice tribute.

Hunt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 26, 2012 Nov 26, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I believe the required forum change would be (at least) as impossible as the many others that have been discussed in this forum.

It might be (more) possible to create a tribute document or a separate tribute forum.

There should be quite some time to consider the question: two thirds of the current posters in the list are still below John, as are two thirds of the current posters in this thread.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 26, 2012 Nov 26, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sadly, I had forgotten that Jive, and the other companies providing services for Jive in these forums, block the way to changes that perhaps should otherwise be simple. We tend to blame Adobe, but Adobe puts the blame on Jive, Jive on TinyMCE, Typekit and the like, ... and the end result is that nobody is responsible.

Pity. It looked like a good and simple idea to me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Nov 28, 2012 Nov 28, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Very Nice tribute

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines