• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

About the new forumdesign

New Here ,
Apr 17, 2009 Apr 17, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello! I would just like to say that I realy like the new design! Im going to use this forum alot more now that tha visuals are up!

keep on going adobe!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hahahaha!

that's a joke, right?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Don_Martin wrote:

Hello! I would just like to say that I realy like the new design! Im going to use this forum alot more now that tha visuals are up!

keep on going adobe!

Quick!  Somebody call a doctor!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

don't forget to select "correct answer" for the right user...

(there's a tenner in it fer ya, if ya knows whats i means! )

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No Guys....

He's just being sarcastic... Remember Don Martin from Mad Magazine?

Cheers!

JJ

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

He's a plant.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Cindy- wrote:

He's a plant.

That's valuable information since it answers the age-old question of Animal, vegetable or mineral?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What?? Did I miss out on something?.... Do you not like the forums?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Pay no attention to the talking people behind the curtains(reference to a line in the Wizard of Oz). Most of the Super spiffy Design Guru's hate the new design with a passion.

As a Fellow user of the Forums I basically like the new design. The only problem I have in  the whole system, is the e-mail Notifications bust any system of e-mail clients. Apparent the design of the e-mail notifications is hard coded in and nothing can be done to fix it. And they have a problem of having to sign in every day. They can fix that by change all the session cookies to permanent cookies.

Other than that I like the design as well. Now if you have anything to do with any web sites they will make and effort to make fun, because they are better than everyone else, because you commented you like the forum design.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hehe, you must be right! Cheers

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

While there are a lot of people who hate the look of the forums (I'm not all that concerned about that), we lost a lot of functionality when the changes occured. Things like newsgroup access, ability to quickly find new posts in long threads, and breadcrumbs at the bottom of the page, as well as the top are all issues that will have to be improved to calm the restless regulars.

(Oh yeah, and not having to constantly keep giving a password to use the da*mned things.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

(Oh yeah, and not having to constantly keep giving a password to use the da*mned things.)

the big issue there is the fact that it's tied to your id that MAY be tied to the adobe store. that means possible access to past purchases, registrations and maybe even credit card data. i WANT them to log me out. but tying it to the adobe.com id that's used in the store WAS A MISTAKE FROM THE BEGINNING, as i said WAAAAAY before they implemented this POS.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Forums ID and the Adobe.com ID's are definitey tied together. The other night. When I couldn't get to the sign in page for the Forums I clicked on Your account at top of page and signed in there I was able to post in Forums.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Forums ID and the Adobe.com ID's are definitey tied together.

Phillip, that is not in dispute. We all know that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,
Apr 18, 2009 Apr 18, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I wasn't saying or disputing they were not tied together. Just reporting what I was able to do

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I warned about this problem several times in the Suggestions... forum that was opened after the last fiasco (apparently gone now -perhaps because there were too many suggestions there that weren't considered in this new version), but nobody paid me any attention then.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried to summarize important concerns  here:
And my concerns expressed here proved  justified:
But I did not think much about the Adobe ID issue,  more or less assuming it might help keep the pirates off the ship, not knowing  better. So that is lost forever, sorry Claudio.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I also tried unsuccessfully to get to that old thread. Curiously, there is still one by you pointing to it...

In any case, it is quite obvious that my requests not to tie in any way the loging procedure to these forums with those of the Adobe store were not taken into account. And now it's too late.

Addition: and I got timed out when trying to post this message for the first time...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 18, 2009 Apr 18, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And I tried twice in vain to post mine: when I pressed the Post Message button I received a funny notice in red and lost the message with links and all. So the third time, in an attempt to get i done bfore midnight instead of spending the night repeating and regathering links, I logged out and in again and inserted a precomposed message which came out in oversize.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines