• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Customer Service Call - Over an hour on hold. How do I complain?

Explorer ,
Oct 24, 2012 Oct 24, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't use my Adobe Creative Cloud license because there was a "payment error" - I suspect caused by a change of address.  Online support tell me they can't do anything and told me to ring 0207 365 0735.  I have now been on the phone to London for over an hour listening to music with no clue as to when somebody might get around to picking up the phone and it's not even across a lunch break.

Who can I write/complain to?

Adobe Customer Support is seriously broken.

I click on the "Edit my billing details" link on CreativeCloud and all I've ever got is "Error. Please call xxxxx".

Over an hour on hold at the customer's cost (phone calls to London are not cheap) is completely unacceptable, especially when there is no clue given as to where in any queue you are.

In the meantime I can't do any work. 

Does anybody have an address I can complain to?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jan 11, 2022 Jan 11, 2022

@E2A Productions,

You resurrected a topic from 2012.  This is 2022.

Short answer:  Omicron!

Long answer:  Half the globe is infected with the virus or will be soon.  Due to staffing shortages, wait times are longer than normal.  Online chat is quicker and available in English 24/7.

With a browser that accepts cookies and does not have script blockers, please log-in to your account portal below.
https://account.adobe.com/plans

CONTACT ADOBE SUPPORT:
================
Online Chat: https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html?rghtup=autoOpen

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a user to user forum specifically for discussions on the forums themselves.

Have you tried this?

https://www.adobe.com/support/service/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've tried that and many other things, which is WHY I want to find a "higher up" to complain to.

The link you sent was what I originally used (whilst waiting over an hour on the phone to customer support permanently on hold) to chat to a rep who told me he didn't have the authority to tell Adobe to "re-select payment" now that my address change has been implemented.  He spent about 10 minutes changing my address.

My phone support call was eventually answered after 1 hour 47 seconds and my initial problem was finally solved.  I spent the first 10 minutes with a non-native English speaker spelling out each word of my new address.  This is something I'd already done via the online chat facility, and had been assured was now actioned.  More poor customer support.

After an hour of music with no clue as to how long I'd have to wait I was greeted with an apology along the lines of "unexpectedly high number of calls". In the 15 years I've used Adobe products I've NEVER had a call answered in less than half an hour (admittedly I've only rung them about 4 times in total over the 15 years) so I fail to see how this can in any way be seen as "unexpected". Because of prior experience I made a point of avoiding the Monday after the weekend and lunchtime. Still took over an hour of a long distance call I was paying for to get a human being to speak to.  This is totally unnecessary. It's not rocket science to build a web page that lets you edit your address or say "Re-attempt payment" instead of insisting customers clog up your phone lines at their cost waiting over an hour for someone to answer.

After leaving this web site I was asked to fill in a survey. I spent some time doing it and clicked "Submit" to be met with "Our website survey is temporarily unavailable" and a suggestion that I should remember everything I'd answered and send it in an email.  More poor customer support.

Honestly, after years of this I want to write to their MD and explain to him that this is completely unacceptable in this day and age. Of course staff refuse to give you any contact details to complain to other than a bland generic support@adobe.com

Even the forums do their best to obfuscate any entry or requests for help, driving the casual user mad insisting you "ask a question" before redirecting you off to somewhere else.

The whole mess is just appalling and will never change because there's no way of officially complaining to anybody other than a hired non-English speaker who has no power or access to do anything.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

email address for feedback adbecare@adobe.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks but I've already been given the email address of support@adobe.com I'm more interested in writing a formal letter to someone higher up the management chain that just going into a generic email address that results in lame auto-generated replies.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

FastAndFluid wrote:

Thanks but I've already been given the email address of support@adobe.com

But that's not the address that John gave you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 25, 2012 Oct 25, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I understand that but I fail to see what use a very generic email address is vs one with someone's name who will take responsibility for following up the issues is.  What I was after was the direct name of someone to contact directly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is always:

Corporate headquarters

Adobe Systems Incorporated
345 Park Avenue
San Jose, CA 95110-2704
Tel: 408-536-6000
Fax: 408-537-6000

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

MichaelKazlow wrote:

There is always:

Corporate headquarters

Adobe Systems Incorporated
345 Park Avenue
San Jose, CA 95110-2704
Tel: 408-536-6000
Fax: 408-537-6000

Michael,

You forgot to put "the the direct name of someone to contact directly".  Did you read his post fully?

@Fast&Fluid,

Unfortunately, we don't have any names here because those gouys in Ivory Towers don't hang out here.  They important things to deal with.  All Customer Relations and problems have been delegated to these forums where you get assistance from highly coveted unpaid MVPs who all want to help you in anyway they can in their spare time.

Good luck but ypour best bet is to go to Twitter and Facebook where you are likely to get direct response from the PR guys who wouldn't want any adverse publicity with 1billion users of those platform.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

At one time there was a Facebook page created by a disgruntled use r to get some actions.

Seems thatAdobe don't care doodly squat about anything here. But when aired on Facebook or Twitter they will  fall all over themselves trying to correct the problem.

Its bad when a Company has to be embarrased into supporting their product.

Adobe for the most part has super products (except Flash). But don't want to stand behind their products.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Funny you should mention Twitter and Facebook. Very poor response on online chat and telephone call support and no reply to my email but tweeting about my experience I got a reply from Adobe asking if my problem was now sorted.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 29, 2012 Oct 29, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It hadn't occurred to me that ongoing bumbling of accounts could be another good justification for getting a perpetual license.  Of course, electronic bumbling of the activation could occur in that realm as well, but there's not so much active stuff on a hair trigger to break it.

I wish you the best of luck, FastAndFluid.

-Noel

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 11, 2022 Jan 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm going for a record. 4 HOURS!!!! Unreal. I passed out and woke up still on hold. UNREAL

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 11, 2022 Jan 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@E2A Productions,

You resurrected a topic from 2012.  This is 2022.

Short answer:  Omicron!

Long answer:  Half the globe is infected with the virus or will be soon.  Due to staffing shortages, wait times are longer than normal.  Online chat is quicker and available in English 24/7.

With a browser that accepts cookies and does not have script blockers, please log-in to your account portal below.
https://account.adobe.com/plans

CONTACT ADOBE SUPPORT:
================
Online Chat: https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html?rghtup=autoOpen
Phone M-F, during normal business hours: https://helpx.adobe.com/contact/phone.html

Best of luck. Keep well.

😷

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines