• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe defaulting "stay logged on" is a security issue

LEGEND ,
Dec 22, 2014 Dec 22, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why is it that when logging on to these forums, the checkbox for staying logged on is turned on by default?  It doesn't even check a cookie or preference to determine the state of the checkbox - it just automatically is switched "on".

This is a security issue.  It doesn't matter if the user is logging on from their own private computer, or from a public computer, this is a security issue that should be addressed.

^_^

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 22, 2014 Dec 22, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a security issue.  It doesn't matter if the user is logging on from their own private computer, or from a public computer, this is a security issue that should be addressed.

^_^

You don't have to be worried about this. These forums will log you out after some time when your system is idle with no activity at all.  Some times I have to login 3 times when I am on these forums.  Security is their highest priority  and up to now they can be commended for what they have done over the last two years.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 28, 2014 Dec 28, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Isn't "two years" a slight exageration? Important Customer Security Announcement

And I get logged out about every two weeks...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 28, 2014 Dec 28, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

User error can always be a "security Issue", such as a user not unchecking that default.  I'd say PEBKAC.

On the other hand, I haven't been logged out in months.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines