• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe drops the box and enters the Cloud

Explorer ,
May 06, 2013 May 06, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424127887323826804578466830054806 110.html#articleTabs%3Darticl...

I recently upgraded to Photoshop CS6 when I learned 'regular' upgrades had become mandatory or lose upgrade pricing.  I was pretty unhappy about that.   As a semi-invalid who hasn't been able to earn a living for the past 10 years or so, I guess it will be my last.

$600 per year is too rich for me.  Looks like Adobe doesn't want me as a customer.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

They have a single product fee of $10/mo. Used to be $20.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

>single product fee of $10/mo. Used to be $20

Is that "forever" or only an introductory price for the first year?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not sure here is quote from FAQ sheet.

Q: What if I use Photoshop and Lightroom?

A: Currently, your best option is the Creative Cloud single-app membership for Photoshop CC and you can purchase Lightroom separately as a perpetual software license. We’ve heard there’s a lot of interest in a photographer’s bundle or photography cloud solution and we’re actively exploring offerings we can potentially create for you. We welcome your feedback around what you would like to see that fits your workflow needs.

Be sure to choose “Required CS3+ purchase” from the pop-up to see the $9.99 price:

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 07, 2013 May 07, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

http://www.informationweek.com/cloud-computing/software/adobe-kills-boxed-version-of-creative-su/240... says that consumer software such as Lightroom (which I don't use) will still be sold in a boxed version... plus, of course, a boxed version of CS6

I wonder how many people will decided that consumer versions, such as Photoshop Elements, will be "good enough" to not switch to the Cloud?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Zillions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@_paz_ looks like they're weeding out the poorest of us. And the rich just get richer.

I've been a legal, paying customer for years. In fact, I've NEVER pirated Adobe software. And here's how they reward my loyalty.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We users that are being forced out due to economics should chip in for a lawyer and bring a class action suite Against  Adobe for doing this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah, really don't think that will get us far. Adobe is a private company and can do and charge what they will. They have no responsibility to their customers, only their shareholders.

As consumers, we can make a difference by purchasing from other companies. If enough of us do that, we will speak loudly enough for Adobe to hear. And only then will they have to decide if it's worth it to change their pricing.

Sadly, I doubt this will happen. Adobe has a history of greed and the large companies will be more than enough to sustain them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Whoever came up with this idea at Adobe should be fired. They obviously do not live in the REAL world with its current economic troubles.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I love that idea, but strikes me that THIS is the answer to THEIR economic troubles.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am sure you are right about that. Must be nice to live in a bubble, until someone passes gas inside.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ha! You're so right about that!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Its alreay started I went to buy web Premium 6 and it no loger listed on Adobe website except as Creative Suite.  I can not afford to go down That rabbit hole.

I can still get at Amazon  ( well that take 2K of my retirement).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines