• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe email update sent to wrong person?

Enthusiast ,
Sep 19, 2021 Sep 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just received an automated email from the Adobe community saying I have a new rank.  Looks absolutely legit, definitely a pukka email.  Even checked through the email headers and dmarc spf and authentication all look good.

But weirdly it's for another user that appears to not exist?  It came thorugh to the email address that this account is registered to.  But the user name is wrong and I don't have that rank:

5Diraptor_0-1632116586169.png

Not sure why I got this.  When I clicked on "View Profile" I get an error that the user does not exist. 

5Diraptor_1-1632116650291.png

Anyone else had this / know what's going on?

Regards, aTomician
TOPICS
Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Sep 20, 2021 Sep 20, 2021

It was probably generated by a robot.  I do not place much importance on unsolicited emails which are 98% junk mail these days. 

Unfortunately, E-mail Headers are often spoofed & not a true indication of the actual origin.   That said if you suspect a phishing attempt, report it directly to Adobe at this email link: phishing@adobe.com.

Hope that helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Sep 20, 2021 Sep 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It was probably generated by a robot.  I do not place much importance on unsolicited emails which are 98% junk mail these days. 

Unfortunately, E-mail Headers are often spoofed & not a true indication of the actual origin.   That said if you suspect a phishing attempt, report it directly to Adobe at this email link: phishing@adobe.com.

Hope that helps.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines