• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Forum Admins - What Gives?

LEGEND ,
Apr 25, 2013 Apr 25, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You've had a major problem with the forum software not for hours, not for days, but for more than a week.  Multiple failures with Internet Explorer.

Has it occurred to you to revert the forum software back to the version that was working prior to whatever "fix" caused these problems with return keys and inability to post?

That wouldn't preclude your continuing to test a fix offline before rolling it out, but it would keep your customers AND expert helpers from having to deal with this abomination.

-Noel

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Mentor ,
May 08, 2013 May 08, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Except that when you have one company monopolizing everything then they can dictate quality of services an cripple inovation because if they are the only game in town they say to their customer you do it our way or do it our way.

As for search engines:

How about Yahoo and what's the problem with Ask! and Jeeves. There is even Bing.

Look at the situation with Adobe They have gotten so large that they no long are what their product users want. They just do what they think will give them the easiest way the screw the customer.

Remember Ma Bell being broken up caused inovation in Telephone systems had they not been broken up we would still be using 50 year old technology.  Who know Computers and The cloud may not have come into existence.

MS got so large they were threathening to shut apple Down because they could. Had not the government said you do that we will break you up. They go too large.  No company should get so large as to be able to dictate to their customers what they can use or have. That's the problem  everyone has taken Gorden Gecko mantra in Wall Street. "Greed is Good"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
May 09, 2013 May 09, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been having this problem for a couple of months now mostly in the Acrobat forums.  I can't post responses and a popup window asks if I want to "Stay on this page" or "Leave this page".  Either selection gives an error message, crashes, or I have to close the browser.  I also noticed that it doesn't allow paragraph breaks after a sentence.  The Adobe forums are where I see this problem mostly.

I'm using IE9 on Windows 7 64-bit.  I don't like other browsers especially Firefox because they crash too much.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 09, 2013 May 09, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

William, a possible workaround is to click the little "broken page" icon to invoke "Compatibility Mode".

-Noel

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 13, 2013 May 13, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just switched off Compatibility View...  Still can't open a new line without pushing something in front of the cursor.

Compatibility View brings other problems, like page layouts that move unexpectedly sideways, or blank areas in sidebars.

Adobe folks, you really do need to fix this.  As it is you come off looking like boobs.

-Noel

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 17, 2013 May 17, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just switched off Compatibility View again to try, as I've been told there was a forum software update last night.

WOW, I can use Enter again to open a new line without pushing something in front of it!!

I'll be keeping an eye open for the other issues, but this is a very hopeful start indeed!

Thank you Adobe for finally working the problems out.

-Noel

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good news Noel.

Let's hope that a few other glitches go by the wayside.

Hunt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wow, Really nice Discussion

Thanks for all information

Make me get inspire

Good News for you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So far so good today.  Haven't been irritated by it one iota, and have had the Compatibility icon off.  It even seems faster to complete searches.

Good things DO sometimes come to those who wait.

-Noel

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

By the way, I've noticed that IE8 emulation mode is requested by the pages now. 

<meta http-equiv="X-UA-Compatible" content="IE=EmulateIE8" />

If that's what it takes to make the scripts work right with IE, so be it.

-Noel

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines