• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Forum Jive Clearspace software misconfigured?

Jun 13, 2010 Jun 13, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is extremely difficult to follow threads in the Adobe forums which uses the Jive  Clearspace  software, according to the links at the bottom of every forum page.....

If you dare read a thread and  want to return to the  list of subjects -- you are instead returned to  the first page.   And  that's not the only problem!

I never saw  such an inconvenent forum software, quite  frankly and am thinking that  maybe Adobe has not set it up correctly.

The  way it is set up on the Adobe  Forums gets in the way having useful  discussions -- you don't dare go  to page 10, let's say, and when you try  to return to the page you were  on -- end up on page 1 again.

There is  open source forum software that is far better than the Forum software as implimented on the Adobe Forums -- and I do not mean to insult Open Source

Here  is my post on the adobe forum  http://forums.adobe.com/thread/658911?tstart=0 -- and some responses.

Please  review the thread on the Adobe forum and  if it is configured  incorrectly PLEASE  fix it.  Or dump Jive.

Regards

Rowby

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Mentor ,
Jun 15, 2010 Jun 15, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Harbs. wrote:

You guys do know that by hitting return twice when you start typing prevents the extra line returns. Right?

I for one, would very much appeciate if all you guys would just do that (like I do)...

(Yes, it is an annoying bug, and I assume it will eventually get fixed.)

Harbs

Actually its 3 times in succession followed by three back spaces or deletes.

But who's counting

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hah, "misconfigured".... yeah, sure...  if that's what we're calling it now...

(Sorry, it's just this crummy!)

There are STILL many, MANY bugs in this garbage and obviously they're not getting "fixed" at any time in the near future.  What a shame.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It appears most MAJOR Software Company Forums are  bad.

I have to deal with Mactopia Fourms for MS Office Mac problems.

I had to install the extension NoSquint for SeaMonkey and FireFox. The font was so small you need a Telescope to read. then at at least once a day you get a an error message Data Cache is empty which resolves itsself in 3-4 hours. Then you have your replies to post show up above the item your replying.

I've about decided that major software companies that have enough money to walt to the moon and Back, would just as soon no be bothered. As long as those greenbacks grease their palms that all they are interested in.

If your going to have a web forum it should:

Work right.

If there is a problem it should be fixed within hours or days,  not weeks, months or years.

if there are updates to it they need to be updated as soon as the updates are out and tested. not o a preset schedule of every 6 , 9, 12 months.

The version run should be the most current version the Forum software company Makes. Not one that is 5-10 versions behind.

If your going to support your customers support them right otherwise you'll drive them away.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PjonesCET wrote:

It appears most MAJOR Software Company Forums are  bad.

You know, I think I generally do agree with that.  I also think that most major software companies themselves are bad. 

Some Microsoft forums were a joke last time I was there, didn't even work in half the browsers I tried... (nice!) sad when even Jiveware manages to limp it's way to a mediocre subsistent existence.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is beginning to sound to me like a case of "mal de muchos, consuelo de tontos" (very loose translation: misfortune of many, consolation for fools).

Sorry, couldn' resist .

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On the other hand: geteiltes Leid ist halbes Leid (the misfortune of many is

only half a misfortune)...

2010/6/15 Claudio González <forums@adobe.com>

This is beginning to sound to me like a case of "mal de muchos, consuelo de

tontos" (very loose translation: +misfortune of many, consolation for

fools+).

>

>

Sorry, couldn' resist .

>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Claudio González wrote:

misfortune of many, consolation for fools

I take that to mean, Jive's still @#$%.  Or something like that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ansury wrote:

Claudio González wrote:

misfortune of many, consolation for fools

I take that to mean, Jive's still @#$%.  Or something like that.

Well, if my car is stolen, knowing that XXX cars are stolen every day is not going to make me any happier, or think that car stealing is more acceptable...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jun 16, 2010 Jun 16, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Oh that's much better than what I said Claudio.   It's too bad, I'm not sure some of these corporations realize this...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines