• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Forum Sign-In Not Working?

LEGEND ,
Nov 24, 2013 Nov 24, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you attempted to sign-in to the Adobe Forums, on Saturday, Nov. 23, 2013, and could only access this forum as a "Guest," then the Sign-In process is now working again. You no longer have to read as a Guest, and can sign-in, as of today, Sunday, Nov. 24, 2013.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Hunt

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

>Sorry for the inconvenience.  Hunt

Whew! I'm glad you fixed things!

I could not login yesterday morning for several hours... restarted Win7... deleted ID cookies... no help

Sometime in the afternoon (I do have a life outside these forums) your fix worked and login started working

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 25, 2013 Nov 25, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

John T,

You are giving me credit for things that I had nothing to do with. Adobe-Admin was obviously very busy this past weekend. Not sure WHO did the actual fix, but a big "thank you" goes out to them.

One addition, after the Sign-In issue was the addition of the Translate button - with several possible languages. I have not put it to use yet, but did notice that there are no Asian languages, at least not yet. Curt Y also found that Translate button, and may have more updated info on how well it works. Thanks Curt.

Hunt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bill, what do you mean by "fixed"? In Mac/Firefox I still have to waste valuable time clicking on the Sign In button and waiting for my "automatic" login. And in Win/Explorer, I had to actually enter my data to log in.

If this is a fix, I find it a very peculiar one...

By the way, I see no Translation button anywhere.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Agreed!! What fix?? Now if I pause any length of time,  I have re-sign in now. Now I have to make sure I type what I am going to in a specified.

Why don't you Fire Jive and get someone else that knows what they are doing??

Put the Forums on a Separate sign in Server that has nothing to do with Adobe.com.

Better yet contract with Microsoft or Apple to run it since the folks at Jive and Adobe are so incompetent.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Claudio,

On my PC, with both Chrome and IE (three versions), things ARE quicker, and very simple - click Sign-In, see sign-in page header for a moment, then done - signed-in.

Sorry that it is not working better for you.

Hunt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bill, for me this bug will be fixed when we  no longer have to click on the Sign In button in order to get into the forums. Just as it was before.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Claudio González wrote:

Bill, for me this bug will be fixed when we  no longer have to click on the Sign In button in order to get into the forums. Just as it was before.

I agree wholeheartly.  I have to click on sign in each time my browser is closed.  It signs in automatically when I click on Sign In icon, except about every 10 time I have to sign in with Adobe ID and password, even though I have clicked remember me many times.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Claudio,

I am afraid things are quite different for us.

For me, with Firefox, it is even easier than for Bill: I just start my Firefox session, and then I get signed in in one of the forums pages (in one of the tabs in one of the windows); after that, I can just reload the other forum pages.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jacob, after reading your message, and just in case, I cleaned the cache in Firefox 25/Mac 10.6.8 and restarted Firefox. There were no changes when I used my bookmark to access this forum: I was asked to sign in, and was "automatically" logged in after about 10 seconds.

I then deleted all Adobe cookies and restarted Firefox. When I used my bookmark, I was asked again to sign in, but this time I had to enter my ID and password. After doing so, checking the Remember Me box and clicking the Sign In button, the "fan" begun turning and was still turning half an hour later, so I stopped the operation, restarted FF and repeated the whole process, with the sane result.

I restarted my Mac, opened FF, used my bookmark, was asked to sign in, entered my ID and password, etc, just before I started writing this message in my Win machine. I am still waiting.

If there is someone who thinks the bug has been fixed, I should be grateful if s/he explained to me what I have to do to enter the forums in my Mac.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The permanently-spinning icon on the SSO page means the AJAX code can't get a response - which is either because the server's not up, or you have cached an outdated copy of the compressed Javascript bundle this site uses. Clearing your cache (again) will fix the latter, but you have to do it while not looking at a page on this site.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, but I solved it by using my bookmark after waiting for 20 seconds of spinning, and repeating the process several times (maybe 5-6). Suddenly, I got logged in, and was still logged in after restarting FF. So it seems that miracles do happen every now and then. Let's see if this one lasts...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I dump cache  In SM and quit SM then Signed in. Then I shut down SM and reopen a couple of times and so far its sticking.

We'll see what happen tomorrow

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Too good to be True. Just go back on few minutes ago.  I was signed out had to re-sign in.

SOS (Same ole you supply the rest). Fire those Jive engineers get someone that know whatthey are doing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I believe this is the new security features Jive are trying to

implement. Yahoo have done the same thing and users need to sign in all

the time on Yahoo email.

Microsoft (outlook.com) is slightly different; It remembers your login

credentials but you still need to supply the password. Not sure if they

are all copying from each other.

Time will tell. As I have said before, these are forums and there is

absolutely no need for such security features. The maximum damage on

these forums is unknown for any security breach but at what cost?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 26, 2013 Nov 26, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jive isn't changing anything, the single-sign-on page is Adobe's code.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have never sad that Jive has changed this. The single login ptocess was an Adobe decision, and was taken before the start of the Jive era but implemented at its start.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

mytaxsite did.

Claudio González wrote:

I have never sad that Jive has changed this. The single login ptocess was an Adobe decision, and was taken before the start of the Jive era but implemented at its start.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Now this morning All I did this morning was open a message (I use the system where I get nofying emails for each post) an was sent automatically to sign in screen then Message.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Phillip,

So you were signed in without having to do anything but watch the merry go round?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am not saying anything is fixed. I fully expect by tommorrow I won't be able to sign in the whole day. I wouldn't be surprised I wouldn't be able to for two weeks to a Month.

Just reporting the lates adventures

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Claudio González wrote:

...Suddenly, I got logged in, and was still logged in after restarting FF. So it seems that miracles do happen every now and then. Let's see if this one lasts...

Unfortunately, it did not last for very long. I switched off my Mac/FF for the night, and now I had to make a full sign in, even entering my ID and password. "Fortunately", on starting my Win/IE machine, I "only" had to cilck on the Sign In button.

There was a long period before the change to Jive in which participands were invited to offer suggestions for the new version of the forums, very few of which were implemented. In that period I was a strong defender of the idea of keeping the login processes of the Adobe site and the forums completely separated, precisely for reasons that have now become aparent. Unfortunately, almost no other fellow user seemed to be interested in my suggestion.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also was unable to log in all Sat. morning.  Was fearful that the foums were again being changed and we would have another mess to deal with. 

So far the only difference I can see is the Translate icon next to reply.  This is a good change and seems to work.  Saves time from loading Google Translate.

Now if it would just translate Jive format into a usable program I would be in heaven.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

>translate Jive format into a usable program

I think that kind of translation power would require every computer the NSA owns

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think that kind of translation power would require every computer the NSA owns

Hunt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines