Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Hong Kong does not like part-time students

New Here ,
Oct 04, 2013 Oct 04, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear Adobe Worldwide Education Program Manager,

I feel you should know about the inconsistant answers I have been given regarding my academic eligibility.

I've been trying to confirm whether or not my program would qualify me for educational pricing since August 2013 and I've been given inconsistant answers.

My programme:  postgraduate diploma program/1-year/part-time/216 hours

Institution:  Hong Kong University School of Professional and Continuing Education

• I confirmed via Adobe Chat with various representatives that part-time students qualify for educational pricing.
  • I have confirmed via the Adobe help forum that my institution qualifies for educational pricing.  (Thank you, by the way for answering question.)
  • I have confirmed with Identit-E via online chat that my program qualifies as equivalent to 2 years study.  (Unfortunately Identit-E does not handle student verification in Hong Kong.  I assume the discretion is up to Adobe Hong Kong.)

I have called the Adobe Hong Kong office to confirm if I qualify, considering Identit-E does not handle Asia, and they referred me to another nubmer for matters concerning academic eligibility.  The representive stated quite clearly that part-time student do not qualify for educational pricing.

Whether or not I qualify doesn't change the fact that there are major communication issues between Adobe Corporate and Adobe Hong Kong. 

Adobe online representatives have at least confirmed that part-time students qualify; however, Adobe Hong Kong has stated otherwise.

I'm being led in circles.

I hope I do hear back from you.

Sincerely yours,

Ijnuh, a part-time student at HKU SPACE

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This forum is only to discuss how the forums operate, not products and not sales

You need to contact Adobe - Adobe contact information - http://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Done that multiples times.

Adobe say yup! Part-time students are okay. 

Adobe HK says nope!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ijnuh,

I have not used Adobe Customer Care on Twitter, but this link might be helpful to you:

Looking for help with your Adobe product or service?

Find us on Twitter: @AdobeCare

Good luck, and hope they can solve the issue for you.

Hunt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the suggestion.

I'm a little old fashioned.  I email, I online chat, I use the a telephone or mobile but I will not use twitter.

I should be in the target age group for Twitter but I don't like what it does to people.

------------

Adobe Hong Kong still does not like part-time students.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ijnuh,

I am with you on that - common social media is not in my cards either. No Twitter, Linkedin, or even FaceBook. That is why I know zero about the Adobe Twitter Customer Care. I was just passing along a suggestion from Adobe's Forum Administration, in hopes that it would be useful.

Good luck,

Hunt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Bill,

It's been a long back 2 months talking with Adobe Reps online, resellers, Identit-E, Adobe Hong Kong. With yes and no answers.

Well, I have confirmed if I were studyig in North America I definately qualify.  I do have that in writing. 

In Hong Kong it's a different story.  There's a huge communication problem when Adobe Corporate/online tells me part-time students qualify and Adobe Hong Kong telling me i don't becasue I'm not a full-time student.

Identit-E, who verifies students elgibility, has told me my program qualifies in north America as equivalent to 2 years study; however in Hong Kong, Adobe Hong Kong tells me I don't qualify period...

------------

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I wish that I had a direct link, beyond the ones that you have probably used, but I do not.

There have been several threads about how things differ market-to-market, though I do not recall any specifically addressing the academic programs, or eligibility for those. Maybe others can be of more help? The few, who I know, are in the US, so their experiences would likely be of no use in Hong Kong.

Good luck,

Hunt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Bill,

No worries.  I'm more or less addressing the Adobe Worldwide Education Program Manager.  He's been around the Adobe forums before and I sent him a pm.  Although, I'm sure he doesn't read his messages.

Eitherway, thanks for the concern.

------------

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 05, 2013 Oct 05, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

injuh,

You may use this link to hopefully have a chat with Customer Care (just tick I still Need Help):

http://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html?product=illustrator&topic=downloading-installing-and-setting-up

Apart from that, I will ask one of our helpful Adobe staff friends to look into this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the suggestions Jacob Bugge,

However, I've been through Adobe Chat 3 times Since August 2013.

• I confirmed via Adobe Chat with various representatives that part-time students qualify for educational pricing.
  • I have confirmed via the Adobe help forum that my institution qualifies for educational pricing.  (Thank you, by the way for answering question.)
  • I have confirmed with Identit-E via online chat that my program qualifies as equivalent to 2 years study.  (Unfortunately Identit-E does not handle student verification in Hong Kong.  I assume the discretion is up to Adobe Hong Kong.)

I already phoned Adobe Hong Kong and they told me part-time students do not qualify. 

Which is frustrating considering I've been told repeatedly that Adobe accepts part-time student.  And, I've been told my program would qualify in North america as equivalent to 2 years study.

Somewhere down the line, communication is not clear between Adobe Corporate and Adobe Hong Kong.

------------

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ijnuh,

I am sorry to hear the lack of progress.

I hope our staff friend will see this issue on Monday (PDT, Pacific Daylight Time).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 08, 2013 Oct 08, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ijnuh,

I checked on your Adobe ID (the email you use here on the forums) and it looks like it's located in Canada. This means that you can get verified through Identit-e. Simply place your order and fill this out: https://www.identit-e.com/default/index/adobe

I hope this helps!

Let me know if you have any questions,

Madison

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 08, 2013 Oct 08, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the reply.

Yes, I'm from Canada, but I am now living in Hong Kong.  I'm a part-time student at a Hong Kong institution.

From what I've read on the North American websites, in order to apply for the educational license I should apply to the region's verifying body.Yes?

I.E. Identit-E only verifies students enrolled in a Canadian/US institution.

I don't think I'm allowed to register an educational license with identit-E considering they do not handle Asia.

I've also spoken with Identit-E and they did not mention this.  They are the ones that told me that Adobe Hong Kong does not use Identit-E services.

That is why I called Adobe Hong Kong, and a represtative stated only full-time students are eligible.  Meanwhile, Adobe has been telling me for months via Adobe Chat that part-time students are applicable....

------------

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 10, 2013 Oct 10, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear Adobe and Worldwide Education Program Manager,

Due to the lack of response I assume, yes, Adobe Hong Kong does in fact HATE part-time students.

Adobe has been constantly telling me, part-time students are eligible but Adobe Hong Kong is either incompetent in following/reading/interpreting guidleines or Adobe online staff aren't given the appropriate information on other regions around the world and is giving me false information.

Which is it?

My initial post explains everything.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 11, 2013 Oct 11, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A rep. from Adobe Hong Kong has responded to my other thread.  Seen here.

Let's see how this unfolds. 

In North America, my program is confirmed to be eligible for educational pricing by Identit-E.

In Hong Kong?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 11, 2013 Oct 11, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Even with direct contact to Adobe Hong Kong nobody can answer me.

He replied to my emails but hasn't offered an answer...he introduced me to resellers before confirming if I qualify. 

My threads have been up for weeks and it seems like he didn't read any of the posts.

--------------

Not to keep adding, but for the average poster or mod, reading my complaint/problem is optional.

But, if someone who works for Adobe as a employee, I expect he/she reads every post to see what's the problem rather than just indroduce me to another reseller....that wasn't my problem.

------------

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 14, 2013 Oct 14, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Patrick (Adobe Hong Kong),  (I'm dealing with an adobe rep on this forum)

have you enjoyed your Chung Yeung Festival holiday? (It seems like you'r on vacation until Oct 21.....I hope you transfered my problem to another employee.  You've done nothing yet.)

You haven't helped me at all.  It appears like you didn't read my posts at all which describe my problem.  You simply forwarded a reseller to me. That was not helpful nor is it a solution.

I'm still waiting...And here's what I want to know once again..I'm aware you can read the past posts but it seems like you don't like spending the time.

1) In general, are part-time student eligible in Hong Kong?  ( your distributor told me quite clearly that part-time student are not eligible. While Adobe Chat reps have said part-time student are eligible.)

Which is it?

2) Here are the spces of my program:
  My programme:  postgraduate diploma program/QF Level 6/1-year/part-time/216 hours
  Institution:  Hong Kong University School of Professional and Continuing Education

I was told by Identit-E that my program qualifies as equivalent to 2 years study.

In Hong Kong, does my program match North American standards of equivalent to 2 years?

Does my program program qualify me for educational pricing?

Thanks again for your attepmt to assist me. I seem bitter.  That's because I am.

Message was edited by: ijnuh The Adobe Hong Kong emploee on vacation until the Oct 21....if he was focused on my problem rather than his vacation maybe he would've sovled this sooner rather than dragging it out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 15, 2013 Oct 15, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Issue being resolved. 

Although its taking quite a while to sort out....what gives?

-----

Why troll this out longer than it has to.......

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 19, 2013 Oct 19, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Solved.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Congratulations, ijnuh, and thank you for reporting back: it is very nice to know.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, great news, and I hope that the resolution was what you wanted.

Good luck,

Hunt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just want to say thank you to both, Jacob and Bill, you're aswome MVPS.

I did get the discount.  So, thank you very much to Adobe and Adobe Hong Kong for understanding.

I've been told for months that I'm eligible by Adobe and in fact i wasn't.  The online chat support has their information wrong.

Adobe Hong Kong, for its reasons, does in fact discriminate part-time students.

Adobe Hong Kong has heard my situation and staff have been pleasant dispite my bitter attidude. Sorry for that, Patrick.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 20, 2013 Oct 20, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Patrick,

I am so glad that you found a good resolution to this issue.

Around these parts, we all try very hard, but when it gets to topics of licensing, S/N's, Activation, and the like, we can only go from what we have read, or maybe personal experiences. Unlike the operations of the programs, themselves, we are very limited. In your case, I had zero personal experience, and had read little, that would be helpful. I just sort of "guessed," at what might help, but that info was not of use - sorry.

Glad that Adobe stepped up and helped you - here's a big THANK YOU to Adobe, and Madison Murphy, who was likely behind that help.

Happy computing!

Hunt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines