• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe "Help Desk" Guy

Community Beginner ,
Jul 22, 2013 Jul 22, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I am talking to some dude in india and his misspronunciation was bad enough but then he said I am going to send you something, he got my email account and then all of a sudden the phone hangs up and I never got what he said he was going to send but I was unsure why he was sending it in the first place?  So now I called back and am waiting for the call back from Adobe because my problem was never solved? 

Can we please get people that we can understand?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are certainly not the first to complain about this, but Adobe doesn't seem to care, and we fellow users cannot do anything about it...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And you want be the last. Until they lose about 2/3's of their value. They are headed that way quick.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 23, 2013 Jul 23, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Keep in mind that Adobe's President and CEO, Shantanu Narayen is a native of India, that ever since the previous CEO (Bruce Chizen) and the Macromedia merger Adobe tends to view its customers in an adversarial light, and you won't have much hope for improvement in their customer service.  It's the worst of any major corporation I know.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Its even worse than Intuit's. And Intuit did have the worse support known to Earth and Mars.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ethan Big Island wrote:

So I am talking to some dude in india and his misspronunciation was bad enough ........................

Can we please get people that we can understand?

Did it not occur to you that perhaps you should have talked in his own language (i.e. Hindi) to see if he could understand you?  This would have solved all your problems instantly.  These Indians are quite Intelligent in that they can speak English; but majority Americans are dumb that they can't speak Hindi at all. You are an exception I am sure.

By the way it is "mispronunciation" NOT misspronunciation as in your post.  Also it is India NOT india.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Whether or not he is speaking English or Hindi is not the point.  The person should have been required to go to diction classes (in which you learn) to speak English with no accent.

I would care if they came Mars and had a Martian accent. I expect them to speak in a Manner I can understand. I know a Lady that came from Austria as a 1 year old child during WWII first to Argentina then to the US when she was 21. (She's in her 70's-80's now). The last time I visited with her and her family went out out to eat supper. She tried her best to give the person waiting on her , her order. The person could not understand her. I asked if I could help. She told me what she wanted and I told the order taker.  But even I can't understand English spoken from Hindi or Seki (I think that the way it's spelled)  we have a fair size community of both (the mostly own/run convience stores or hotel/motels). And I can understand any of them even speaking English.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"Seki"?  or… Sikh?  Hindi is a language, Sikh is a religion.  Most Sikhs speak Punjabi.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well I still Can't understand English with Hindi or Pujabi accent.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have yet to meet an American who speaks English without an accent.  I have for 25 years worked for an American company; talking with some of these Americans on the phone was pure pain!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I second Pat's opinion. Some seem to be chewing gum while they talk...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm sure some are chewing gum while they are talking. There is a difference between regional accents. say Northern and southern, Texan, left coast. (My own although I live in Virginia, I've had people say I sound like I am from Georgia or Mississippi of course the people that said that were from New Jersey/NewYork.)

But trying to understand someone who knows no concept of the English language. They are just mouthing some English words and phrases on top of their native language.  As I saidif your going to teach foreign workers to take over support for another country they must be able to speak it fluently.

In my days of working on Electronics. I once went to a person's house to teach them how to use their VCR. Even though I was (and still am)  familiar with user manual and technical manuals. I had to read through the manual (about an Hour) to read it. It was written in Japanese English. (That where they were taught the words and roughly what the meant, but not taught context. Made for some very strange sentences that would leave you scratching your head and saying to yourself "not what the heck are they talking about".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 24, 2013 Jul 24, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Indians generally have very good English language skills, but they do have an accent that comes from their own langauge.  We all have accents, except perhaps the Queen of England.

Japanese are quite different; they all learn English for 6 years in school, but there are just a handful that can actually speak it at the end.  If you encounter a strange manual for a Japanese product, it was either created with an electronic translator, or by a secretary who translated it word-for-word with a dictionary.

Regarding electronic translations, I still remember the English menu in a Japanese restaurant in New York; they offered "burning the child of the forest".  That was the translation for Grilled Bamboo Shoots

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,
Jul 24, 2013 Jul 24, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Nexttime you talk to some body in support from India you'll know what we are talking about. after about the 10th time you get them to repeat you'll know what most people are talking about.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wow. Don't sound so defensive there. You don't work in adobe customer service do you?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines