• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe refuses to sell their products!!! We have to just RENT them now? [2013]

New Here ,
May 10, 2013 May 10, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why won't Adobe sell it's products any longer? If I pay Adobe the monthly subscription for 12 months and then have a poor couple of months financially and need to cut costs, then I loose all rights to use Adobe products installed. Or if I pay you this monthly fee, and Adobe has financial issues, ie the GFC, and it goes bankrupt and closes down, then bad luck all the thousands of Adobe subscribes, you no longer have a product to use. This makes about as much sense as a kick in the head. What happened to looking after your valued customers that have purchased your products from the early days when Adobe actually valued it's clients? Sure give us the option of a monthly subscription, but some don't want to rent your product. We would actually prefer to buy them and own it. Some of us give their older versions of photoshop to our kids to learn and hey maybe one day when they leave school and work in the creative world because of that old version of photoshop dad gave them, end up buying the latest version of adobe CS for themselves. But if I rent it, well bad luck, only I can use it on my computer (One user at a time) and too bad everyone else in my household. Mmm, to say I'm disappointed with Adobe would be an understatement. More like disgusted. So much for loyalty and valued clients. If Adobe refuses to sell me their products well I guese I'll just have to look for an alternative, or keep using my older versions which I purchased and own. Good bye Adobe, Whenever you are ready to start selling me your products, I'll start listening again.

TOPICS
Collaboration

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Mentor ,
May 17, 2013 May 17, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Now we are reduced down to correct someone's mistyping. Glad you type perfectly. I'm human not a robot I make mistakes.

Noel Carboni wrote:

http://grammarist.com/usage/make-do-make-due/

-Noel

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm just trying to be helpful, Phillip.  If it were a single typo I'd have left it alone.  Irregardless , I sincerely hope someone will be nice enough to let me know when I make a mistake over and over.

And I *do* make mistakes.  Why just yesterday I thought I had been wrong about something, but it turns out I was mistaken. 

Adobe has turned up everyone's heat lately - let's all try to take a deep breath and let it roll off...

-Noel

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would hope if I made a mistake in spelling/usuage people would just look over it.  If they read in context they would know what is meant anyway.  Though I do try to use the spell checker. To this day despite it being taught in 9th grade English the differences I still have trouble determining effect and affect and often use the opposite spelling in a sentence.  (Laugh you wish)

I went through a Period being bullying when I grew up from fellow students to teachers through out my secondary education. And when I got on the Internet back in the days of 300 baud modems and WhiteKnight /RedRyder on bulletin boards I received a lot because I am a Mac user. Even today I detect a tone every once of of sneering because I use a Mac. My way of thinking you use what ever computer/Software that works for you. If a Mac Fine, if a PC Fine. That's one reason why I was against combining PC and Mac Users in the Forums.

Correcting someone's spelling or grammar is a form of bullying or at least disrespect for that person.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Phillip Jones wrote:

Correcting someone's spelling or grammar is a form of bullying or at least disrespect for that person.

I'll try to keep it in mind that a sincere attempt to help someone improve their communications skills could be misconstrued as bullying.  Thank you for that insight, Phillip.

-Noel

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No worries Noel.  But while you're at it...

Irregardless is not a word.  It's the equivalent of "guesstimate".  I think you meant to say "regardless" (see, 2 can play at this game!)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, thanks, an attempt to keep this conversation light is why I used that (non) word and put a smiley next to it.  But I do make a lot of unintentional errors too - I'll be the first to admit that.  I'm only human, born to make mistakes...

-Noel

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Usually irregardless is used as replacement for phrases "whether or not" or "neither here, nor there" or "one way or the other".

Even I knew that irregardless wasn't a word but I was not about to do any correction. I knew the meaning based on his usage so it didn't bother me one way or another.

I use the word ain't which technically isn't a word but is an very old contraction for "am not". I but I use it All people of all cultures use colloquialisms (think I have spelling correct even though spell checker doesn't say) that Websters Dictionary doesn't recognize them as words but are common usage in specific areas.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is that $10 /month  offer for Photoshop for a year (CS3 and above licenses) until it goes to $20/month, providing you only want Photoshop. Offer ends in July and you can quit any time. You can have Photoshop Extended on a Mac and PC without maintaining two licenses, and as a bonus,in any language Adobe supports.

It might be a good fit for some.

In the meantime Adobe may offer a workable compromise. Who knows?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,
May 18, 2013 May 18, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do they have one for DreamWeaver?

Of all the webpremium package I currently have

I use  DreamWeaver, Photoshop, and FireWorks the most the rest of the  package I've only use once or twice just to see what they could do. And Ididn't even install Contribute. Because I use Interarchy to upload and and downlaod files to my website. I tried Indesignand could not make heads nor tails of it It just opened to a Blank screen

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 06, 2023 Nov 06, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bye Adobe! I was going to update from Photoshop 2020 after using Photoshop and Premiere for 18 years. Adobe is going to lose a lot of business. I'll look at other software to own.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 06, 2023 Nov 06, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@billt71155688 

it's been 10+ years and their business has grown significantly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

They would have two options: Subscriptions  and permanent license version on DVD/download.

Office365 is a one shot deal $99 a Year fee paid Once. They also provide a DVD version as well but cost more current product but is available on DVD. They have the option of using SkyDrive MS equivalence to CC  only a Million times  more reliable. Or you save to you computer as you normally do.

For now the sync server for CC which affects sign in and Sync has been broken since Monday. The people working on it have no idea what's wrong and no earthly idea how to fix.  If  you can't sign in and can't use CC what's the point in having it. There is long runing thread. on Creative Cloud Forum it 3 pages going on 4 about this. Users of CC are PO'ed and the ones like me that don't want to rent are our arguments being fullfilled.

I was considering going to CC. But after this week's debacle I don't know whether I will.  I Just don't trust the dependability of Cloud or the security of it. I compare it to politicians. Knowing adobe they probably using one system so if it melts down every one products service and files wil be unretriviable.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Noel said:

"Hate to be a Devil's Advocate, but if YOU hired a lawyer, would you want to be sure whatever legal agreement you were writing up gave your potential adversary rights?

Let's get real here.  EULAs have been around forever, and they have always been one-sided."

Agreed and I'm not criticizing Adobe for protecting their business. Just pointing out that my protection—specifically my ability to use their software and open files I have created—will be diminished under the new scheme.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 16, 2013 May 16, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Renato Cillero wrote:

Some of us give their older versions of photoshop to our kids to learn and hey maybe one day when they leave school and work in the creative world because of that old version of photoshop dad gave them, end up buying the latest version of adobe CS for themselves. But if I rent it, well bad luck, only I can use it on my computer (One user at a time) and too bad everyone else in my household.

I don't mean to be critical of you, but if you have been doing this with versions you upgrade from you have already been violating the terms of the End User License Agreement.

-Noel

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 16, 2013 May 16, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Go to http://www.adobe.com/products/catalog/cs6._sl_id-contentfilter_sl_catalog_sl_software_sl_creativesui... to purchase the "traditional" CS6

I think these are download only, so write backups to DVD as soon as you download... for an upgrade, click to BUY a product and then change FULL to UPGRADE in the buy window

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here's the thing: right now I am responsible both for my backups and for my ability to complete jobs on time. I go to great lengths to ensure I have redundant backups in different locations, and of course, I watch my schedule and deadlines very carefully so I never leave a customer disappointed. Under Adobe's cloudy new scheme my ability to guarantee jobs on time is compromised. The server could go down at the worst possible time. Adobe could simply decide to discontinue the service for business reasons. Remember, it's their business they are protecting, not yours.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Photofred,

While I am not a fan of the CC concept/business model, and will likely just stop where I am, with CS 6, one thing to consider is that the log-in to the server is just for the monthly validation of the subscription. Now, I have not read a stated policy of what Adobe has as a backup plan, should that/those server(s) go down, exactly when your (or any other user's) subscription is due, I would anticipate that the issue would be corrected in a timely fashion, to allow for a connection to be established.

Unlike some previous software billing models, where the subscribed-to software would only be availabe from a daily download, the Adobe CC programs will be on one's system, and only that monthly connection for subscription validation, will be the big change, along with, of course, the billing structure.

Hunt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Bill,

I think you might agree: verification once a day, verification once a month, either one is unacceptable when compared with once per install. 🙂

Another issue is losing control of which version I use. Will I be able to chose not to update when the cloud wants to? What if an automatic update breaks something at the end of a huge project. I don't know the answer to that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

photofred wrote:

Another issue is losing control of which version I use. Will I be able to chose not to update when the cloud wants to? What if an automatic update breaks something at the end of a huge project. I don't know the answer to that.

Yes, you can choose not to update. Furthermore, Adobe recently announced they will be archiving older versions and making them accessible, so you can install an older version if you need to.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have posted this question several times in other related threads, without receiving even a semi-official answer. What happens in those many, many countries -mine included- where the Cluod version is not available?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can we say SOL

Adobe hasn't thought about that. Probably not interested. Ther may be countries that ban this as illegal in their country.  Perhaps starting with EU. and Spreading to China and South America.  Talk about crimping sales!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, I was partially wrong. It would seem that finally Adobe has acknowledged that Latin America is not just Mexico and Brazil, and CC seems to be available in other countries such as mine. However, when I tried to see how the thing works -without the slightest intention of subscribing- I was first asked for my Adobe ID and password. After introducing them, I was told that my email address had not been veryfied, and wass told to click on a button to verufy it. I did, and the response was that my address had already been veryfied or belonged to an inexistent account. I was then  warned by my email program that I had new emails, and found that one of the was from Adobe Creative Cloud. I was there asked to verify my email address by clicking on a Verify Now button. But when I went to that button, I was told that the associated URL  was synctactically incorrect, and nothing happened when I clicked on the button.

In short: tha CC site does not recognize my Adobe ID, and I am offered a non-working way of verifying it, so that I am unable to enter the site. Not very encouraging or friendly in my opinion.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 20, 2013 May 20, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Claudio,

Your situation is not one that I have read of.

I can imagine that Adobe has just not sorted things out completely yet - at least that is my hope.

Sorry to hear of your plight.

Hunt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 22, 2013 May 22, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Bill,

Just for fun, I have just tried again getting into the adobe.com site. This time my ID was accepted at once, and I had no probnlem changing my personal data (we have very recently left the house that was our home for 42 years and moved to a new apartment, a very traumatic experience, but things are beginning to settle down). So it would seem that I was affected by one of the many and frequent Jive glitches, this time -and fortunately- a temporary one.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 23, 2013 May 23, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This IS a kick in the head. But, studies have shown people like to be kicked in the head and Wallstreet is very happy with Adobe for kicking you in the head. Kicking you in the head is clearly the optimal way of destroying one's customer base and replacing it with, well... people kicked in the head.

I'm sorry adobe... but obvious money grab is obvious. Very disappointed and no confidence in you as a reliable company after this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines