• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Service

Explorer ,
Sep 08, 2009 Sep 08, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been on hold for more than 3 hours today and still am what does it take to get help from Adobe.

I have been an Adobe user for mare than 11 years - this is not acceptable - please advise.

Frustrated user

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Mentor ,
Sep 11, 2009 Sep 11, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes it was deliberate so that you see it was highlighted when in Text mode. But not highlighted in HTML Mode.

I had an ide you knew it was. No harm. I have been known to make a mistake or two. I am trying to improve.  But two finger typing (better known as Hunt and Peck), its easy to make them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also if you open an HTML page with ASCII editor such as Text Wrngler on Mac and wordpad on PC you will see the codes for such as <body>, </body>, <p> and so on.

When in HTML Mode here its much like the Design Mode in DreamWeaver.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PjonesCET wrote:

Actually that is the window when you use HTML

Phillip...

You have the wrong end of the stick...

1/ Clicking the HTML button allows you to input your code in HTML. IOW, you have to put the HTML tags in yourself.

2/ Spell check works fine... you can toggle it on and off by clicking the button. But it only works in 'Full Editor' view and not in 'HTML' view.

Cheers...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,
Sep 12, 2009 Sep 12, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Uh ... wasn't that what I explaining: When in HTML (view) the web browser's built-in Spell Check does not work, That the spell check for the HTML view if it works doesn't work right. And that if it's invoked can not be turned off.

The Full Editor is Text Mode. The HTML view is HTML Mode. Its similar in operation to Design view in DreamWeaver.

Phillip M Jones, C.E.T. "If it ain't Broke, Don't Fix it!"

sending this by my ISP Web Mail client .

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PjonesCET wrote:

Uh ... wasn't that what I  explaining:  When  in HTML (view) the web browser's built-in Spell Check does not work, That the spell check  for the HTML view if it works doesn't work right. And that if it's invoked can not be turned off.

The Full Editor is Text Mode.  The HTML view is HTML Mode. Its similar in operation to Design view in DreamWeaver.

Phillip M Jones, C.E.T.            & nbsp;            &nb sp;           "If it ain't Broke, Don't Fix it!"

<sad> Shake of head</sad>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jhabrix wrote:

PjonesCET wrote:

Uh ... wasn't that what I  explaining:  When  in HTML (view) the web browser's built-in Spell Check does not work, That the spell check  for the HTML view if it works doesn't work right. And that if it's invoked can not be turned off.

The Full Editor is Text Mode.  The HTML view is HTML Mode. Its similar in operation to Design view in DreamWeaver.

Phillip M Jones, C.E.T.                                                "If it ain't Broke, Don't Fix it!"

<sad> Shake of head</sad>

Nothing to be <sad></sad> about.

Its just the way it is. Open wordpad or TextWrangler. then open a HTML Page. ASCII editors are pure text editors. Guess what html code looks like when you open them Exactly like the view show in Text mode when you toggle the HTML button.  And as I have explained in Mozilla products, and other Browsers, their spell Checkers simply do not work in HTML Mode but do when HTML Mode is Togled to Text Mode.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Arizona

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PjonesCET wrote:

Arizona

NLE is the abbreviation for Arizona?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Amazing!  This thread has deteriorated in content to the same level as Adobe's customer service.

No wait, I think it needs a few silly pics first before it gets that low.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think it needs a few silly pics first before it gets that low.

Remember that "Jed" person (I think he got deleted). He was on here a few months ago starting trouble. Anyway, I posted a pic I found on his website of him picking his nose. It's lost in the forum now...I should have saved it for an occasion such as this

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 16, 2009 Sep 16, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is AZ?

It's a state in the USA, in the Southwest. It borders Mexico, California, New Mexico, Utah and Colorado. It is in the High Sonoran Desert, and is the state-of-origin of Barry Goldwater. Two noted Senators are John Kyl and John McCain. It is a land of great diversity, with the desert, and also mountains. The Grand Canyon is located in AZ.

Hope that this helps,

Hunt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

THIS might help fill in the blanks.

In the USA, the states are referred to with a two letter abbreviation, as of the mid-1960's. "AZ/USA" indicates Arizona, USA.

Hope that this helps,

Hunt

PS - to deflect the next question, "USA" = United States of America.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

the_wine_snob wrote:

It's a state in the USA, in the Southwest. It borders Mexico, California, New Mexico, Utah and Colorado. It is in the High Sonoran Desert, and is the state-of-origin of Barry Goldwater. Two noted Senators are John Kyl and John McCain. It is a land of great diversity, with the desert, and also mountains. The Grand Canyon is located in AZ.

Hi Snob, I thankyou for that – I would never have guessed. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Sep 17, 2009 Sep 17, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

the_wine_snob wrote:

What is AZ?

Hope that this helps,

Hunt

Ok, PJ! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 15, 2009 Sep 15, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe "Service" is now apparently Adobe "Lack of Service." I have used Adobe products for more than 15 years and have been an extremely satisfied customer - until now. I am very seriously considering replacing my entire CS3 Design Premium suite! And I love these products. I had a hardware problem on my old laptop and had to replace it, thus had to reinstall. I've lost or misplaced DVD 4 of 4, so I need replacement media. I've been trying to get it for over a month now and can't get it. My initial request was apparently not even logged. My second request resulted in an apology and a fairly quick turn-around (considering the first request went no where - the second was answered in only a few short DAYS!), but the files I was given access to were corrupt, so that didn't work. Now I've been on hold for 3 hours - on the second call today - the first was dropped after an hour. Each time, I've had to wait hours to get a human, but entering tickets and emailing gets me no where. This is the most god-awful service I have encountered in years, anywhere. I am disgusted. I intend to make many complaints in every possible avenue. Sadly, it appears I am not at all alone. Yes, I've seen the letter from L. Walsh; I've used the email address there, too. Apparently, Adobe does not care that its customers are not handled well at all.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Welcome to the forum.

I've lost or misplaced DVD 4 of 4, so I need replacement media.

While I cannot speak for CS3, Adobe offers replacement discs for most programs, for little more than shipping and handling.

Now, since PS first hit the PC, I have not lost any media, but many have. Adobe has always been quick to replace this for the others. Have you contacted Sales (Customer Service), or Technical Support. I would suggest the former.

Good luck,

Hunt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can leave your contact information, customer ID or case number here. They might get back to you. I think they have lots of callers that's why that happened. Sometimes, you don't have to wait long for them to answer. Cheers!

Excellent Adobe experience

[Please do NOT post your private information in a forum thread. If you still have an unresolved issue please email the details to adbecare@adobe.com. Thanks!]

Message was edited by: adobe-admin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I wouldn't recommend posting your case information or customer information publicly here.

Normally, we would recommend reaching out to Adobe Customer Care in your region. However, given this transition period, the best way to escalate your issues is to send your case details to adbecare@adobe.com for help. This goes through a special channel internally designed to address unresolved issues.

I have reached out personally to everyone in this thead who has mentioned an unresolved issue and we are doing our best to make sure those cases are resolved.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

this is one case I think you  or the current Moderator should lock this particular thread. so that no one can act up the suggestion to leave their details in this thread.

While this forum and the rest you are required to get a user name and password to sign in. That not to say it is secure. Anyone including sanke oil dealers can sign up for an account.

Actually the entire forum system should go through an authentication system.  where you have to give name of products you own and serial numbers. The adobe verifies those products and serial numbers before they allow you to have an account. Would stop spaming the forums cold.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PjonesCET wrote:

this is one case I think you  or the current Moderator should lock this particular thread.

... or just delete the offending text.

There's too much locking going on here anyway!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

John Joslin wrote:

PjonesCET wrote:

this is one case I think you  or the current Moderator should lock this particular thread.

... or just delete the offending text.

There's too much locking going on here anyway!

I agree there is way too much locking going on - way to much censorship. But I can see in this case where such dangerous information is given there would need to be locked. and instead of where you can actually see the thread, it be marked so That message comes up you are unauthorized to read this post.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PjonesCET wrote:

Actually the entire forum system should go through an authentication system.  where you have to give name of products you own and serial numbers. The adobe verifies those products and serial numbers before they allow you to have an account. Would stop spaming the forums cold.

Who cares about a little spamming (there really isn't that much?)

That would lock out people that are using the trial versions, people doing research on what applications to buy, and people that are locked down due to their IT policies (aren't allowed to have the passwords...etc.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

~graffiti wrote:

PjonesCET wrote:

Who cares about a little spamming (there really isn't that much?)

That would lock out people that are using the trial versions, people doing research on what applications to buy, and people that are locked down due to their IT policies (aren't allowed to have the passwords...etc.)

They could get around that part by having sign in as Guest user. That would allow acess to those sections. As for the spam I usually see one to two items every day except weekend most weeks. In the grand scheme of things That's not much. But as for me one piece of spam a day is too much.

Back in the day when Netscape ran their own secure NTTP Server They had two pices a year to get in and that was usually forwarded by someone  by acciendent that was subscribed to it. We thought that was awful.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PjonesCET wrote:

They could get around that part by having sign in as Guest user.

So could the spammers so, it would be useless. People need to post whether they are application owners or not so requiring all of that info would ruin it for them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

~graffiti wrote:

PjonesCET wrote:

They could get around that part by having sign in as Guest user.

So could the spammers so, it would be useless. People need to post whether they are application owners or not so requiring all of that info would ruin it for them.

I am refering to the adobe store for the ZGuest status. Not the forums. Forums would have to have Stict test as to who is qualified to get on.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines