• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Tech Support

Explorer ,
Jul 01, 2013 Jul 01, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been trying to get help with various pieces of software that was purchased with Adobe Creative Suite CS6 (Master Collection). The help is none existent and they don’t care. I sound like a whiner,  but the majoring of you know better. It’s crap and the upgrade to CS6 was and is the worst experience of my adult computer experience. I have been with Adobe PageMaker and went through PageMaker 4 (whatever the last # was before CS1) and into CS1 – CS5 and even CS 5.5. I have had problems with InDesign working with xml and Extension Manger with Dreamweaver. 

The xml problem was the end of the line. The tech support person who was designated for InDesign had the nerve to ask, “why are you trying to work with xml”.  I flipped out. This is part of InDesign that has been with InDesign since CS4 and has made leaps and bounds improvements with CS6. Yes I am trying it for the first time but all the sudden I was the smartest person on the phone.

As far as Extension Manager, I have not been able to use it since I upgraded to CS6. I called tech support months ago. They kept trying to fix the problem and then upped me to the next level. They upped me to the next level. I never got to talk to the 3rd level because they  needed to call me, I couldn’t be transferred to them. This lasted for a week. When I called back they tried to help with the same steps I had already gone through. I told them I had already tried what they were doing and didn’t pay any attention. They then upgraded me to the 3rd level because that was I n my records. This happened three times. Once they realized that I should be upgraded they would say that ‘those people’ would need to call. From the last time I talked to tech support about this issue to now has been 3 months. No phone calls. I live and work out of my house and I have an answering service when I can’t answer the phone. I gave then my home /office phone and my cell phone. Told them that wanted them to call my cell because then I would know they called. Guess what, they called my home phone, or I should say that they sent me an email telling me they tried.  That was BS because there was never a record of a missed call.

I buy Dell Computers because of the tech support. I always have problems but they are there to help me. In the past, Adobe had the same tech support. That is why I stayed with them and not going over to the other one (we all know who that is). I am now looking for the ‘Other One’ because I am fed up with Adobe.

I can't find a better place at this time to complain so here I am. I am going to post this where ever I can. Please use this as a starting point to get Adobe back on track and get their heads out of the Cloud.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 02, 2013 Jul 02, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Boyd,

I have alerted Adobe staff here, but they are (mostly) away because of what happened on this day and was dated in two days and was signed in a month from this day. They should be back on the 8th, and I hope someone will look into your case by then, at the latest.

[ for non-Americans who might be confused: he means the American holiday of July 4, and Adobe US is on vacation this week ]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 02, 2013 Jul 02, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Boyd,

I can see you have a high level of frustration here, but I don't see any posts from you over in the InDesign forum. I won't guarantee that we can help, but we have a lot of regulars, even some with XML experience, and our track record is a lot better than the one for phone support, so there's a pretty good chance we can do something for you if you give us enough details about your problems with ID.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines