Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe website and forums navigation

Guide ,
Sep 01, 2009 Sep 01, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello!

I'm not new in here, but Adobe changes the whole website and navigation from time to time and it's not getting better, unfortunately.

Perhaps someone of the admins can clarify this:

1) If I go to adobe.com, the page is in english. That's normal. If I log in and my native language is german and Adobe knows that I'm from Germany, then it would actually make sense to switch to german after login. But it does not.

2) If I log in and select a different language (german in this case), then the website appears in german. But if I go to the forums, it's english again. This is paradox.

3) If I'm logged in to Adobe, then I'm not automatically logged in to the forums. This is paradox too. At least to me.

4) If I'm in the forums I need to click "Login/Register" and it asks me for a screen name. I know a lot of english terms, but "screen name" does not makes sense since the rest of the world would call it "nickname". It also does not ask for a password, nor can't I register. I can just set the screen name. Well...

5) If I set the screen name to something like "Nobody", while my login name at Adobe is my real name, then the top line suddenly says "Welcome Nobody". If I then click on "Your account", it loads the page again and then it shows my real name again. Confusing.

6) If I'm logged in and chose german as language and then select forums, I won't be taken to the international german forums. This is paradox.

7) If I go to "Forums" and then below to "International forums -> German", then the page appears in german and says "Foren", which is german for "Forums". But there are no forums, it is only one forum. But for what? For all Adobe products? Confusing.

8) If I'm on that page from 7) then it's half english, half german.

This is what I could see by just browsing Adobe's pages for a few minutes. I actually don't want to know what will happen if I browse some more...

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 16, 2009 Sep 16, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I really don't have the time right now to check what happens if I try again to change the interface language. However, I'll make an attempt right now, before the number of messages offering to go back on topic ends by completely drowning the matter risen by the OP. Which relates mostly with the difficulties of non English speaker users.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

...while in my case it's not the language, it's the navigation and the fact that the international forums put everything into one.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maik, you did refer specifically to the language problem in points 1 and 2 of your OP. This was also specifically addressed by Kanguyen in her message, and I have just checked that what she says is right.

And yes, I have previously referred to the very serious problem of dumping all products into a single forum, although I did forget to mention it again now. So, I will state it again more clearly.

In Spanish -and, if I understand Maik correctly, also in German- there are no product forums, but just one single forum including all Adobe products. This can be perhaps tolerated while the number of postings is very small -as in the forums in Spanish- but is absolutely unacceptable as a general norm. And, what is worse, it does not help in any way to increase the participation of new users.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Claudio González wrote on 9/16/2009 4:29 PM:

In Spanish -and, if I understand Maik correctly, also in German- there are no product forums, but just one single forum including all Adobe products.

In German, there are at least the following forums:

- Acrobat.com: http://forums.adobe.com/community/acrobatdotcom_foren

- General forums:

http://forums.adobe.com/community/international_forums/deutsche

- Forum FAQ: http://forums.adobe.com/community/new_forum_faq/german_faq

The interesting ones are actually the Acrobat.com forums, they have 7

subforums that are somewhat product specific. But that is because they

are the official support channel.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,
Sep 17, 2009 Sep 17, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jochem,

the general and the FAQ forums are no forums, they're is just one each!

The german on acrobat.com (whatever purpose it has) may have subforum, but these are a joke.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 18, 2009 Sep 18, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maik Staberock wrote:

Jochem,

the general and the FAQ forums are no forums, they're is just one each!

The german on acrobat.com (whatever purpose it has) may have subforum, but these are a joke.

Jochem, Maik,

You obviously disagree on the utility -if any- of the subdivisions of the forums in German. Unfortunately, my knowledge of German is nil, so I cannot contribute with anything valuable to your discussion.

This leaves us with three other international forums. I think Jochem mentioned that the ones in Japanese are a class on its own, and anyway my knowledge of Japanese is even more nil: I don't even recognize the characters/symbols. As for the other two, I can see no subdivision at all in either the French or the Spanish forums.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Harbs. wrote:

I don't think there were any posts from Ozzwoman deleted. She tried to 

post three times at the same time that this thread was being locked. 

They made it through to email, but never made it up onto the forum... 

Sounds to me like another Jive bug!

Harbs

I received three email notifications from ozzwoman she had posted and clicking the link in showed the same screen as when a post has been removed. there was nothing to me in the post that was insulting to the moderator. (At least If I had been Moderator). If a thread is locked you can still go to thread and read it you just can  post to it.  They were removed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I received three email notifications from ozzwoman she had posted and clicking the link in showed the same screen as when a post has been removed.

My posts where getting deleted as soon as I was making them, so I kept copying>pasting my post until it was finally locked (and deleted) as I thought my point of view needed to come across.

Now, you all know the reason...let's get this thing back on topic before it gets locked again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I must ask again all users who wish to pursue the important matter of moderation/censorship to PLEASE do it in another thread.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Harbs. wrote on 9/16/2009 9:51 AM:

I don't think there were any posts from Ozzwoman deleted. She tried to

post three times at the same time that this thread was being locked.

They were posted. The repeated posts were actually the trigger for me to

lock the thread: I had no idea of when Ozzwoman was going to stop

repeating the same message over and over again. Apparently it stopped

sometime between my lock and kanguyen's unlock.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines