• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe: Worst Customer Service or is it just met?

New Here ,
Dec 20, 2010 Dec 20, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So,

Long story short: I bought Adobe Premiere Elements 8 and Photoshop Elements 8, and installed them on my computer that is running Windows 7. From the begining whenever I opened up either program and clicked on the organize function the program would crash, shut down, and generate a crash message. I sent a message through their customer support portal, and needless to say I have been less than happy with them.

They first gave me a list of probably fixes which was pretty lengthy, but I went through each one and none of them fixed the problem. I finally thought I might be getting somewhere when they said they would call to help. Well, I bought the program in May 2010 and it is now December 2010. Other than taking 2 months off because I got tired of trying to arrange my schedule for their phone call it has been a huge hassel.
I can't tell you how many different excuses or problems I have had trying to get them to call me. They would call on the wrong day or the wrong time. I would request 24 hours notice before they call through email or a message through the forum so I could open up my schedule, and then they would either fail to call, they would call at the wrong date or time, or they would not send me any notice but would just call randomly. I would even get random calls where they would start to leave a voice mail and then hang up.

After a two month break of trying to organize something with them being very specific about date, time, time zone, availability, etc. I finally decided to try again. They told me they would wall 12/10 at a specific time. That day I opened up my schedule so I would be available. No call. I get a message saying something to the effect of we apologize but we didn't have your number. All I could think was you had my number and called me several times before. What the hell happened? At the same time why did you not request my number earlier if you did not have it? How were you planning on calling? Well, I sent them a reply with my contact number and arranged for another date and time for them to call. That date and time was today 12/20 aftr 4p.m. It is not 5:30p.m. and nothing. I can't wait to find out what excuse they have come up with this time around. It would be funny, almost like a game "guess the excuse", if I had not paid money for this software.

Anyone else have a similar experience? Am I being unreasonable when they tell me a date and time they will be calling and then nothing happens on that date or time?

All I know is I don't think I will be buying anymore Adobe products in the future not with customer service like this?

On a side note if anyone else had the same problem with Premiere Elements 8 and Photoshop Elements 8 I would appreciate any advice you could give since Adobe has not been very helpful.

Thanks,

G

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately, you have posted to an Adobe forum, that is to discuss the various Adobe fora, and not their products.

If you wish help, I would strongly suggest posting to the various product fora, say PrElements and PSElements. Please give as much detail as is possible. You will get help.

Now, Adobe T/S and C/S were once very good - near the best in the software business. Things seemed to have changed, BUT Adobe is working to improve things. How well, or how quickly, will have to be sorted out over time.

For most problems, I strongly urge people to post to the appropriate product fora, as the users there will very likely solve all, or at least most, problems - better, quicker and likely more accurately, than Adobe T/S.

Good luck,

Hunt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Premiere Elements forum: http://forums.adobe.com/community/premiere_elements

Photoshop Elements forum: http://forums.adobe.com/community/photoshop_elements

For some tips on what info would be so very useful, when you post, see this ARTICLE.

Good luck,

Hunt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Dec 21, 2010 Dec 21, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Am I being unreasonable when they tell me a date and time they will be calling and then nothing happens on that date or time?

in my opinion, yes,  you are being unreasonable. if you want help, call tech support and wait on hold like everyone else until they get to you. it's obviously not that important to you as you've waited what, 9 months (?) to try to get it resolved.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 21, 2010 Dec 21, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bill,

Thanks for the links.

David,

Thanks for the input. I started off with a request for help through their customer service portal. They sent me a list of potential fixes to try with the computer, but none of them worked. They were the ones that offered to call me. I guess that might have been my mistake. They just couldn't seem to figure out the calendar or time zones. Finally got a hold of someone, but they couldn't fix it. I gave them access to my computer, and he worked on it for awhile with no change. Now they are researching it. We'll see where this goes.

Thanks both of you. Always good to get another perspective.

G

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 22, 2010 Dec 22, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just from my perspective, working in various Adobe product fora, I still feel that a user will get better, quicker and more accurate help directly from the forum, than from T/S.

I do know that Adobe is aware of the T/S and even C/S issues, and are working to make things better. However, and depending on the exact product, this might not be showing up yet. One example is in the PrElements forum. There is little to no Adobe presence there, so we users are on our own.

In the PrPro and AE fora, there is a very good, strong Adobe presence, and that team works overtime to help everyone, and also track any T/S tickets to report the outcome to Adobe management. Things have greatly improved there. It just depends on the product.

I'd better ring off, as this forum is for discussing, well the forum particularly, but just wanted to share those observations, as your experiences are not isolated.

See ya' in the PrE forum. Be sure to also list all aspects of your computer and your Assets & Project Preset. This ARTICLE will be helpful there.

Good luck,

Hunt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Dec 22, 2010 Dec 22, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
I still feel that a user will get better, quicker and more accurate help directly from the forum, than from T/S.

totally agreed!

good luck!

dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines