• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe X

Community Beginner ,
Dec 01, 2010 Dec 01, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just received notification of the new Adobe X.  I was hoping that the one issue that I had with Adobe 9 Pro had been addressed, which regarded the SDI vs. MDI interface.  From the discussions that I have found, it appears that the MDI interface has not been re-enabled (even as an option).

I am currently running Adobe 8 Pro and one of the features that is most used is the 'side-by-side' comparison of documents <CRTL-SHFT-L>.  And, I do not have multiple monitors where I can drag one image onto another screen.

My IT department installed Adobe 9 Pro on my computer as one of their standard updates.  I had it installed on my computer for about an hour.  When I attempted the side-by-side function, it opened both documents, each with their own set of toolbars and a separate taskbar, which now made the document I was attempting to view too small to be reviewed.  After discovering that the MDI was no longer an option, I requested to have Adobe 8 Pro reinstalled.

Since the introduction of Adobe 9 there have been numerous complaints and/or comments regarding the removal of the MDI feature.  There were so many comments posted that Adobe closed the discussion board on the subject.  It now appears that Adobe ignored all of those users.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Welcome to our community

Sorry Bernie, but the issues are falling on deaf ears here. This forum is where we discuss issues with how the forums software operates.

You might think about re-posting this in a forum dedicated to Acrobat. But even there it likely won't gain much traction as the forums are primarily user-to-user and Adobe employees seldom visit.

Your best bet is to file a Wish Form/Bug Report by visiting http://www.adobe.com/go/wish

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Captiv8r wrote:

http://www.adobe.com/go/wish

Thank you - I didn't know that short URL.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines