• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe, your stuff is BROKEN in IE

Guide ,
Jul 24, 2014 Jul 24, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I noticed last week that I could no longer log into these forums in IE--it hangs with a script timeout and won't let you enter your login. Oh, well, whatever, I don't need these forums to do my job. If I really care I'll just use FF.

Today, I tried to use the API docs, and that hung at loading the filters. You know, the ones that actually let you SEE the content? So none of the properties or methods of the object I was looking for would load, because your stupid docs are set up to restrict what people see based on something most people don't even know about. I get why you do it, but it causes way more harm than good. Especially when your crap is BROKEN. Yeah I said crap.

API_CRAP.PNG

I know that it's fashionable among the startup script kiddies to just decide not to give a rat's if people are using a browser that you're too incompetent to figure out, but really, Adobe, you're an enterprise company. We all get that your heart is still in print and that you don't completely "understand" the web. However, you've chosen to move every * thing you do onto the web. So guess what? You take away people's local help, you have an obligation to make sure your web help actually functions. On the browser they use.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 24, 2014 Jul 24, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Works fine for me on any browser, including IE11:

as3.PNG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 25, 2014 Jul 25, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nothing new, Amy.

The forum software stinks.  (In my personal opinion, so does Internet Exploder, but it doesn't affect me as Microsoft gave up on the Mac version years ago.)

Adobe couldn't care less about customer service in any form—especially now that you are a captive subscriber.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If Apple and Jobs had not introduced Safari IE would still be on Mac. After Gates found out about Safari he picked up all his marbles and left. There has always been a Love hate relationship between Apple and Microsoft. (Not so much now) but it was bad when when Gates was running everyday details at Microsoft.  Just look at the differences between Office for Windows and Office for Mac. Office has a lot more features.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No loss on Internet Exploder, Phil.  It was always a piece of cr@p on the Mac.

On the other hand, I don't touch Slowfari either.  That leaves me with Firefox and iCab.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,
Jul 26, 2014 Jul 26, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well if your interested in trying others there are:

OmniWeb ( By Omni Group  other apps OmniGraiffle, OmniOutliner, OmniPlan, OmniPresence, etc)

Chrome ( don't like but test with)

Maxthon

Opera

Opera Next

Then if your adventurous there are these version of FireFox:

Aurora (Beta Channel)

And FireFoxUX (Alpha Channel

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Chrome was a disaster on my Mac.  Messed up all kinds of things.

I'm pretty happy with Firefox and with iCab (not free).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have iCab.  As well all those other versions as well. Haven't had any issues with Chrome. Though I don't use it terribly much. All the other browsers are free.

The fastest one is OmniWeb, though I am using the beta version. Knocks the socks off of Chrome which is supposed to be the fastest Browser around, but OminWeb runs rings around. But because I am using the Beta version which is the one so fast, it does crash periodically.

The fellow that writes iCab, also has Newsreader out for iPad and a version of iCab for iPad

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines