• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

An idea for a "How to Post" graphic

Community Expert ,
Nov 08, 2020 Nov 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Many times people will come into to the forums (especially Photoshop) in a panic and toss out a few sentences with no information. Sometimes forum volunteers can offer up a good answer if the problem is common, but what I think is needed is a graphic such as the one I saw in the old Japanese forums. It was a "sticky" and a quick guide as to how to ask the question. This is machine translated, but perhaps the community can fix it up and hopefully it can be adopted. It would save a lot of back and forth.

how to ask for help.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, that gives me an idea.  Maybe I can fix it up as a "quick guide" next time and add it as a reply when needed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HINT: Set-up the Macro feature your forum account settings.  It's a big time saver.  In fact, I wish I had more Macros.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 09, 2020 Nov 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Whatever happened to the request for more macros? I haven't checked the requests doc in a while.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 29, 2020 Nov 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Too many links in a post also sets people off.

I tend to skip them and look for a direct straight forward answer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maybe also helpful in most cases.

An image like that:

image_insert.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 17, 2020 Nov 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I so prefer when people post the pic directly into the text box.  So much easier.... as I would prefer not to download images.  If they were just posted into the text box, then we would see them in two seconds and answer faster.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not exactly the same, but I've just created the Community How-To Guide - Tips & Best Practices 
Feel free to share it with any community members that may need some guidance. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That rocks Silvia!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines