• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Another mistery

LEGEND ,
Aug 14, 2012 Aug 14, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As I understand things, the green blob in this screenshot of the main page of the forum in Spanish

curious.JPG

indicates that the question in this 2009 thread has been answered. There are however a few curious things:

1. No message in the thread is marked as the correct answer.

2. The author of the question was last logged in these forums in December 2009, when there was no button for marking an answer as correct.

3. The thread was revived in June 2011 by someone with the same problem, but there were no further posts until today.

4. Today's only post is the first post by someone who appears just as "member".

5. To the best of my knowledge, there has never been a moderator in the forum in Spanish.

6. As far as I can tell, this is the first case in that forum of a thread marked as answered by someone different from the originator of the thread.

So my question is: where did this green blob come from?

Incidentally, I don't know if today's post is a correct answer to the question. First because I don't have Illustrator and therefore cannot test it, and second because the method is written in a manner that makes it very difficult to follow and understand it.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Claudio,

Your understanding of the green icon is the same, as mine.

I wonder if there is perhaps a time limit, where an "auto assumption" might kick in, and mark an older thread Answered?

Also, a MOD could have marked that, but I would hope that they would do so, ONLY after reading, and determining that there IS a Correct Answer in the Replies.

Hunt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't think there is anything resembling an auto assumption.

Bill Hunt wrote:

I wonder if there is perhaps a time limit, where an "auto assumption" might kick in, and mark an older thread Answered?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

TerriStoneCHL wrote:

I don't think there is anything resembling an auto assumption.

Bill Hunt wrote:

And if there was, the forum in Spanish would have hundreds of threads with green blobs.

Also, I would be surprised if a Spanish speaking moderator (is there any?) decided today and for the first time to visit that one thread and mark it as answered.

Thanks for trying, though, Bill.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Terri,

Thank you for that confirmation.

Then that leaves two options:

1. A MOD marked the thread as Answered
  2. The OP revisited the thread, and marked it as Answered

Appreciated,

Hunt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bill,

1. Only instance in years of a mod visiting -and doing anything- in the forum in Spanish? Very hard to swallow.

2. Revisit a thread nearly three years later, make a change in it, an leave no trace of her presence there (Last Logged In: 03-dic-2009 12:30)? Even harder to swallow.

Let's stick to wine instead of trying to tragar ruedas de carreta (Spanish idiom translating to swallow cart wheels).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 22, 2012 Aug 22, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Claudio, I get the distinct impression that you take this stuff altogether too seriously.  Bill's just trying to help. 

You make the tacit assumption, by discounting Bill's suggestions, that there was no way to mark a thread as Answered in 2009.  Are you sure about that?

-Noel

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 23, 2012 Aug 23, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Of couse I can't be 100% sure, but this would then be the only message to have deserved a green blob in many, many months around that date. And I am in very good terms with Bill - or so I think.

And you seem to be very concerned about what I am concerned about...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 24, 2012 Aug 24, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And I am in very good terms with Bill - or so I think.

Claudio,

We ARE on very good terms.

Then there must me another answer, beyond the ones that popped into my mind, but I have no clue what that might be.

Sorry,

Hunt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 23, 2012 Aug 23, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Everyone's just trying to help and you all have great intentions.. Let's all remember that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the past, there was a way to tag a thread as answered without marking a particular post as the answer, but that feature has not made it back yet.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The plot thickens.

I find threads like this valuable because the knowledge, and hopefully the user friendliness, of the forums are increased by the findings.

They also form valuable occasions of presenting and demonstrating important concepts, such as tragar ruedas de carreta and vergüenza ajena.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Pierre,

I was unaware that the capability for a MOD marking a thread as "Answered," was missing.

Thank you for updating me on that.

Hunt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bill Hunt wrote:

Pierre,

I was unaware that the capability for a MOD marking a thread as "Answered," was missing.

Thank you for updating me on that.

Hunt

Bill, I think Pierre needs to clarify his message. I understood a completely different thing.

And thanks for confirming that we are in very good terms. I haven't ever felt attacked by you, and I very much doubt that I have ever attacked you. Quite the contrary. A toast for this, and for the old fashioned concept of friendship?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Claudio,

Based on an earlier reply, I will "stick to wine," and you get a toast with a Napa Cellars Chardonnay! To "friendship."

Hope that Pierre will clarify, and then I will "toast" to him, but might open up a Montrachet for that occasion...

Hunt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 25, 2012 Aug 25, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I understood post #9 by Pierre in the same way as did Claudio, although I should prefer to hope that Bill had it right, and that it will remain that way.

However, in any case, the plot thickens even more either way.

Unless, of course, the Correct Answer marking of the old mistery thread (partially shown in this mistery thread) actually happened back then but had been caught in one of the rifts in the time space continuum. Others have been reported in this forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 26, 2012 Aug 26, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry if I wasn't clear. I just stated that before the skin updates, there was a way for moderators to mark a thread as "answered", without the need to mark a particular post as the correct answer. (We can still do the latter)

Useful when there are more than one correct answers, or to avoid giving points to Bill, as we don't know what would happen to the world as we know it if his point count goes too high!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the clarification, Pierre, although I found your original statement clear already, expressing what Claudio and I thought, unfortunately.

But as I said, the plot thickens: the thread in question has been marked Answered without any Correct Answer, quite recently, after the skin updates.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

But as I said, the plot thickens: the thread in question has been marked Answered without any Correct Answer, quite recently, after the skin updates.

Yes, it does thicken. Maybe a "ghost in the machine?" Or, it could be something that no one has thought of yet, like some sort of "timing" thing? I do not think that John C, Terri, or others, have had the time to poke around older threads, marking them, as they see fit, but still, who knows?

I have found a couple of older posts, that also sport the green "Answered" icon, with no "Correct Answer" Reply indicated, but those were threads that I had not been following, and some that I had never even seen, so cannot comment on the timing of the "award" of the green icon. Maybe from way-back, or maybe the day that I noticed them.

Since Claudio is familiar with the thread that he cited, I think that might be the only example, that has some "history" behind it. Still do not know what it means, or how it happened though.

Hunt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Pierre,

Thank you for the clarification. That was pretty much how I remembered things too.

Now, how that impacts (or does not) Claudio's original observations, and comments, I cannot tell.

As for the points, I tried to cash in a bunch of those (like I do with Hilton and United Airlines) to buy the full CS6 Master Collection, but Adobe would not let me do it. Maybe I can get United to take Adobe "points" for a ticket to London????

Appreciated,

Hunt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bill Hunt wrote:

As for the points, I tried to cash in a bunch of those (like I do with Hilton and United Airlines) to buy the full CS6 Master Collection, but Adobe would not let me do it.

Appreciated,

Hunt

Perhaps you should tell Adobe to give you free Muse access so that you can answer all the questions that are going unanswered in muse forums.  Unless some volunteers have access to Muse, these questions won't be answered.  In UK people are sent to House of Lords and address them as Lord Bill.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 27, 2012 Aug 27, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have never explored Muse, but maybe it's time?

Hunt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

At one point there was a way for a user to mark his thread as answered without identifying a particular post.

-Noel

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines