• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Any recent change? Logged out many times a day

LEGEND ,
Dec 15, 2009 Dec 15, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Starting today at some indeterminate time, I have been logged out of the forums in less that one hour periods. Firefox/Mac, Safari/Vista, Explorer/Vista.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not going to help you. But .... I am still logged in  In all my various Browsers including SeaMonkey haven't been logged out in weeks.  except the problem with the corrupt  cookie.plist file for Safari. Cured it by deep sixing that file. but after that is been over a week .

Do you suppose you have hardware problem that is dropping connection now allowing the adobe system and your system to talk to each other. Bad Cab;es intermitent modem, switch, router.

I just trying help pal.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Phillip, I cannot imagine an

y hardware or software problem affecting these forums only, in two different computers with different OSs, different browsers, ... There are several other forums I frequent, and I have not been logged out in any of them for a couple of years, except after very prolongued periods of inactivity -say, two weeks or more. Thanks for trying to help anyway, but I am tired of giving the same details time and again, only to have my case abandoned after a few trials because I seem to be the only affected person.

Extra linefeed kindly provided by the software (and am I also the only one still experiencing this?).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

because I seem to be the only affected person.

you're definately not. you're just one of the few left who tries to help.

i get the feeling it's not really wanted or appreciated ("It does not look like that at all. ... Nothing to see here.") so i don't pop in much anymore.

have a very happy holiday claudio!

cheers, dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,
Dec 16, 2009 Dec 16, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you using the same ISP for your computers (business

and  personal)?

If it not hardware, and it doesn't seem to  (appear to) be the forum. Then there must  be something funny about the the connection between you ISP's and Adobe or between your setups and and your ISP's.

(Linefeeds provided by forum).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just one ca

ble connection for all computers at home, where I also wor

k. Some connected directly through a router, some through a wireless router; haven't tried the latter.

Right now, this new problem is affecting only my Win machine, not my Mac, where I have been logged for nearly six hours now. And it only started yesterday...

All extra linefeeds kindly provided by the software.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

logged out after very short time span, OR browser restart.

always get 404 error clicking on the last post link if you don't reload the page first on browser restart.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dave, I had forgotten. I

m also getting more 404 errors than usual. And

it's too late at night to start trying again, so any further tests wi

ll have to wait until tomorrow.

All extra linefeeds kindly provided by the software.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I access this forum from three different computers.  One of them - currently my main computer - always requires me to log in.  I always check the 'remember me' thingy, but I do not ever see an adobe.com cookie.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, Pat. I switched on my Mac about half an hour ago.

I had been logged out (I logged in last nigh

t sortly before switching off).

I have jusr gone through the whole procedure (doubly

checking I was logged out, deleting cookies while in

a different site, restarting Firefox, and logging in again,

Well, if I am not the only case, mayge it is no longer considered a low priority one:

http://forums.adobe.com/message/2440544#2440544

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I now switched on my Vista laptop. Logged out in Safari and in Explorer (logged in shortly before switching off last night).

So far, the 404 problem seems to be back to normal now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Logged out in Safari in less than half an hour. Just logged in again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Again logged out in less than half an hour in my Vista laptop. I have just logged back taking extra precaautions; even restarted my machine before relogging.

I am glad everything is all right for you, Jacob. I wish I could say the same after all these months with the new login procedure.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been logged out once more from Safari/Vista and Explorer/Vista (sorry, no idea how long after logging in, I cannot dedicate my whole time to this problem). As I said, I took extra precautions for my last login of about an hour ago, even restarting my laptop after eliminating cookies. I am, however, still logged in my Mac since early this morning, some 3 hours ago.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Logged out in a few minutes from Safari/Vista. This time I had just re-logged, without deleting cookies or anything. Same thing I have just done.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And again (less than half an hour). I logged in directly just to post this message, but will repeat the complete procedure immediately after posting.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is what I have just done, in case someone wants to check if I am missing any step.

I went to the list of forums, clicked on the logout button, waited for the screen to restore completely, and repeated the same. I went to a different site, and deleted all Adobe related cookies (checked twice that there was none left). Restarted my browser, used my bookmark to come to the main page of these forums (yes, it is taking me to the right URL, http://forums.adobe.com/community/general/forum_comments), and logged in.

Addition: Immediately after posting this message, I restarted Safari, came back in here through my bookmark to the main page, and found that I had been logged our again. I will give up for now and return to my Mac, where I was still logged in before these tests, but where I have to bear with the extra linefeeds... (I re-logged directly just to post this addition).

Message was edited by: Claudio González - addition.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just confirming that I am still logged

in my Mac/Firefox.

Of course, extra linefeed kindly provided by the software.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Claudio González wrote on 12/16/2009 11:46 AM:

Well, if I am not the only case, mayge it is no longer considered a low priority one:

http://forums.adobe.com/message/2440544#2440544

Why would people being logged out have any bearing on the priority I

give to you being logged into another account after 24 hours?

The priority I give to issues is pretty much linearly related to the

estimated return on investment.

The return I am looking for is when I learn something or when I get

something. I estimate that neither will be the case, so the only return

is that somebody else gets something (with a high probability that I

will be able to identify the issue, but a low probability I will be able

to fix it). Whether that somebody is you or 3 three people does not

significantly affect what the return to me is.

On the investment side it is just too much work. For pretty much all

your issues you post huge numbers of messages that each contain a tiny

bit of information (if any). You are leaving it up to the reader to go

wade through all those messages and extract the useful bits out of them.

I do that for paying customers, not on a forum.

If you want me to look into it you are going to have to rebalance that

equation for me. Provide a nice table or something with the columns

date, time, RMID, JSESSIONID, AUID and observation. Some dozen data

points (especially from events such as 'first authenticated request',

'last request before logout' etc.) from one browser should provide a

good starting point for an analysis.

That is what would get me interested. I do not know what would get Adobe

or Jive interested.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your detailed explanation of your personal position regarding problems on the site. I am sure this information will be also clarifying for some other users.

I had obviously misunderstood your previous message, as I thought that my case was a low priority one not only for you personally, but also for all Adobe personnel having to do with the functioning of this site.

As I know that you, as any other moderator, work here on a totally voluntary and uselfish basis, I wouldn't dream of asking you for help in solving a personal problem of mine. Or any other problem, for that matter. I always expect to receive help from people who are paid for providing it, although I welcome, and appreciate very much, any help willingly provided by any volunteer.

I am very sorry to have bothered you by reporting here what I am observing since yesterday, providing tiny if any bits of information in my numerous reports. Please note, however, that none of my messages has been addressed to you. And that my lack of details such as the ones that you miss is due to the fact that I am just a plain user of some Adobe products, with no knowledge whatsoever of the inner workings of a site such as this. So I must ask you to be a little tolerant with my ignorance.

Finally, I am pleased to inform you that, after much trial an error based on the many suggestions I received, I am no longer affected by the automatic re-login problem, as I duly reported elsewhere at the time the problem disappeared.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Everything is fine over here. It is even snowing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have just found the reason for the difference in behavior between my Mac and Win machines. I am ashamed to say I had completely forgotten that, when one closes a browser window in Windows, one also closes the browser, while in the Mac, this closes the window, but not the browser. This is why I was been logged out so soon in Win (I was always closing my browsers) while I remained logged in Mac (I was not closing the browser). I have just tried quitting Firefox in my Mac, and I was at once logged out of the forums.

One less mystery for me, although this may have been obvious for others following this thread. My apologies.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Except that I use a Mac and quit my Browser, in fact I quit my computer overnight. and  sometimes if I go out somewhere I quit my Browser and Computer. Some days I do this several times. I don't log out. I just quit, browser, or going to another website or then shut down.

Your not loging out everytime are you?? when you log out your logged out.

These cookies as long as you do not make an effort to Log out is supposed to keep you logged in.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, Phillip, I am not doing that.

It seems I can no longer express myself very clearyl, but what I am experi

encig -and have experienced most of the time since the trial vers

ion of these new forums was implemented- is that I am automatically logged out of these forums every time I close whatever browser I am using.

All extra linefeeds gently added by the software (this seems to be worse in Explorer, which I'm using right now)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yours is an odd case. If you could just find

out what is doing the auto log out.

Wish I could think of something for you to check

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines