• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Any Updates on the Forum Search Function?

LEGEND ,
Jun 08, 2011 Jun 08, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It has been awhile, and several threads, but I have seen nothing recent on the progress on the Forum Search Function.

Can anyone comment on the status of Search, in the forums?

Went looking for some simple search criteria, limited to just the Premiere Pro CS5/CS5.5 Forum. There have been some recent threads on an issue, but Adobe Forum Search will not turn up anything, when limited to that, or the Premiere root. Bogus!

Google will yield millions of hits, but by the time I filter out all the words on "hacked" versions of PrPro, etc., I have a 3 page exclusions list. It is easier for me to just go and read the last 1000 recent posts in that forum, to find what I am looking for.

Also, searching on the exact forum URL, the first 10,000 hits are old spam posts, that have been long removed.

This is still very frustrating, and I can only hope that things are progressing and an estimated time/date for implementation in near.

Thanks,

Hunt

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jun 08, 2011 Jun 08, 2011

Every time I give out a date here, I get turned into a liar by schedule changes. So waiting for a more firm timeline.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did not add the message ID to my notes page, and the search is broken, but I'm pretty sure that 2-3 weeks ago (I think) Adobe-Admin said (again, I think) that "changes" were in the works for the forum software

No description or timeline was given... so no way to know if the "changes" will just be a new spool of wire to try and hold the current forum together awhile longer, or if Adobe is actually going to update to the current version of Jiveware

In the meantime, we just limp along with what we have

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I said that we would be updating to a new version of Jive. No changes in the current forums.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Updating to newer software (with, I presume, bug fixes) will be a really good thing... any idea when?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It seems that too many things happened in this thread while I was looking for that link, including a response from adobe-admin. However, this site does not allow for deleting redundant messages...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Every time I give out a date here, I get turned into a liar by schedule changes. So waiting for a more firm timeline.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

adobe-admin wrote:

I certainly wouldn't like being in your shoes...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

adobe-admin wrote:

I said that we would be updating to a new version of Jive. No changes in the current forums.

I'm not being critical of YOU, but I'd like to point out that one of these should not imply the other.  In all seriousness, current software should be maintained right up to the minute it's changed.

Of course, in the case of these forums, the code of which is apparently impenetrable and hasn't had maintenance in months, the status quo is maintained.

-Noel

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I said that we would be updating to a new version of Jive.

Thank you for the specific statement, John.

Reading your other post in the other thread I overlooked the word upgrade and what was implied by it; so the term new platform had me wondering.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

John T Smith wrote:

I did not add the message ID to my notes page, and the search is broken, but I'm pretty sure that 2-3 weeks ago (I think) Adobe-Admin said (again, I think) that "changes" were in the works for the forum software

No description or timeline was given... so no way to know if the "changes" will just be a new spool of wire to try and hold the current forum together awhile longer, or if Adobe is actually going to update to the current version of Jiveware

In the meantime, we just limp along with what we have

I think you are talking about this

http://forums.adobe.com/message/3711746#3711746

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here is the message about an update http://forums.adobe.com/message/3694072 with May 22 "upgrading our forum software soon, too" notice

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jun 09, 2011 Jun 09, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Google searches can be refined.

I search certain forums with the following 3 elements at Google.

1. "Up to Discussions in Photoshop Macintosh" (distinct text wrapped in quotes to limit to a particular forum)
  2. site:forums.adobe.com (limits to Adobe's forums)
  3. some search phrase

Example: http://www.google.com/search?q=hand+tool+site%3Aforums.adobe.com+"Up+to+Discussions+in+Photoshop+Mac...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you very much for that one, Marian.

It seems to work just with search words and then Up to Discussions in Forum Name.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Marian Driscoll wrote:

Google searches can be refined.

Honestly, with that knowledge, gained from you some months ago (thank you!), I haven't missed the forum search function much at all.

-Noel

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 13, 2011 Jun 13, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Marian’s advice has been a huge help but as long as the (edit:) inoperative fields »Search Forums« and/or »SEARCH Only this forum:« (the latter being the useful one) are displayed on the page it seems like evidence of incapacity on the part of the people maintaining this site or the ones providing the software.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines