• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Anyone else had issue with Community logon?

LEGEND ,
Nov 15, 2019 Nov 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, all,

When I first arrived to work, I tried to log on to the CF forum.  I was perpetually redirected to the main area (https://community.adobe.com) and the "Sign In" button was still in place, instead of the notification, messages, and profile buttons.

I let it sit for a while, and now (obviously) can access the forums.  Anyone else go through this?

V/r,

^ _ ^

TOPICS
Bug , Feature request

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Nov 15, 2019 Nov 15, 2019

Honestly, the Community platform has not been encouraging participation.

If I've said it once, I've said it a million times:  I pine for the days of Jive.  It was at least intuitive.

V/r,

^ _ ^

Votes

Translate

Translate
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe Customer Care just told me it was my machine, not their fault. (I had to log in from a different machine, after trying three browsers and re-booting twice on my main machine)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think Customer Care lied. It happened to a lot of people in multiple parts of the world. I tried two different machines and two different browsers and basically gave up. I had emailed an Adobe employee and she just let me know things were working again, so I really think it was a site issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

> I think Customer Care lied.

I think "lied" is too harsh a word. They just followed what seems to be the Prime Directive of "customer care" departments these days: Always Blame The User First. The burden is upon you to prove that the fault is with them, and until you can do that they assume you're the one who screwed up and it's not up to them to solve the problem for you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're probably right about them not lying, but seriously, that is a very bad Prime Directive. It's guaranteed to get people frustrated and annoyed.

I dunno about you, but I do not expect someone to tell me, "this is all your fault" before they've checked something out first. If they had looked at the forums, they'd have seen a complete lack of activity for a lot of hours. I know activity has gone down significantly since the move from Jive, but nothing at all for hours on end? Someone should have twigged to it being an issue on Adobe's end.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Agreed. I can't understand how this could have gone on for 6 hours (during the main working hours in the European time-zones, no less) without any red flags appearing and without any response from the web-masters during all this time. It just left us users in the dark, frustrated and thinking there's something wrong with our accounts. Even a simple red banner at the top of the front-page saying "There are currently issues logging in to the site. We are working on fixing them. Our apologies." would have been sufficient.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That happened to me this morning.  It took four tries to log in.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was not able to log in at all until after Tricia emailed to tell me things were working again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good evening. Everyone was happening too.
I also did not connect to the forum with the same symptoms from 11/15 19:00 (JST) to 11/16 0:30 (JST).
Since we had not already received customer care in Japan, we inevitably contacted US customer care, but as with everyone, there was no problem here, and at the end we were able to send a screen shot. .
At that time, I accidentally opened the forum, so my chat session ended.
Perhaps it may have been affected by the maintenance of the Adobe account.

image.png

Still, it may be fatal that you could not access the forum for a long time (the system was down).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My main machine can now log in, but I lost a couple hours trying to figure this out.  The experience does not encourage participation.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Honestly, the Community platform has not been encouraging participation.

If I've said it once, I've said it a million times:  I pine for the days of Jive.  It was at least intuitive.

V/r,

^ _ ^

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

.. and I only just now noticed that I (finally) have the option to actually mark answers as correct.

It's about time.

V/r,

^ _ ^

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I sometimes get the impression Customer Care is living on a different planet.

Adobe on Facebook told me this afternoon (my local time) the were aware of the issue and trying to get it resolved.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,
Nov 16, 2019 Nov 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

> I sometimes get the impression Customer Care is living on a different planet.

Other than this issue, there have been many times in the past.

In a large organization, the situation where information sharing with the field is not well done is sometimes referred to as a large corporate illness in Japan, but is that Adobe no exception?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 23, 2019 Nov 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One side of the building does not know what the other side of the building is doing...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,
Nov 23, 2019 Nov 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines