• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Anyone else have their points/post count reset?

Advisor ,
Apr 28, 2009 Apr 28, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just went from ~250 or something to 4.  And I lost like 80 points!

How the heck am I supposed to get my second meatball?!

I was #3 top contributor in the Illy forum but was replaced with some cyborg version of me "JesseHam Jah5zl"

Anyone else having this happen?  Is it because I made fun of the point system too many times?  Is the admin getting pissed?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

That helps a lot. I have seen this before and Jive is currently testing a fix for this on our development site. Once that goes through QA it should be rolled out to here and that should fix it for you and part of the fix will be combining everything into the original account again.

John

Votes

Translate

Translate
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just noticed, my whole account seems to have been reset... I lost my icon and picture too!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah I had over 30,000 posts now I.m down to 6,000 something and they say I joined in 2006 instead of 2001

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

But this happened last night sometime.  It even says I joined today!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My total is is roughly the same but I have had 2 or 3 years added to my  when joined.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah I had over 30,000 posts now I.m down to 6,000 something and they say I joined in 2006 instead of 2001

what buko said. last time they did a forum migrate i had over 40000. and i think my join date was 01 or 02...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How the heck am I supposed to get my second meatball?!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Its the new math: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tx5KDyvlG3Q

We just have to get used to it.

Message was edited by: Michael Kazlow

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Stupid youtube is stupid blocked at my stupid work.  (just kidding - i love it here. )  I'm waiting for the day they catch on to this forum and block it too though.

Just to get this straight, after the forum upgrade and the initial switchover, people have had their post count and points reset?  This happened to me last night, not 4/1 or whenever the upgrade took place...  Kinda makes the points and post count even more useless if you have no way to know if the rating of the person helping you is a week old or 5 years old, eh?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you log in with a different Adobe ID today? Can you point me to one of your old posts?

Thanks!

John

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same login as always today, though I'm pretty sure I had to type my email address in and recheck "remember me" (though I'm not sure if I'm remembering doing that after my initial login this morning - when I was trying to fix the problem by signing all the way out)

A post from yesterday: http://forums.adobe.com/thread/425115?tstart=0

Also, my old posts are linked from my "old" account: http://forums.adobe.com/people/Jesseham-JAh5zI

Thanks for looking into this!

[edit - I should add that the "JAh5zl" part was tacked on as part of this - that was not part of my username yesterday. Thanks!]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That helps a lot. I have seen this before and Jive is currently testing a fix for this on our development site. Once that goes through QA it should be rolled out to here and that should fix it for you and part of the fix will be combining everything into the original account again.

John

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your help!  I really appreciate it. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,
May 11, 2009 May 11, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So the update that was supposed to fix this took place over the weekend, right?  Well - it didn't fix it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I see that you still have two accounts. One with an avatar and a number and this one. I'll send this back to the support folks to find out how they were supposed to be handled/merged.

Thanks!

John

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Happy to help. 😉  And thank you as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

John Cornicello wrote:

I see that you still have two accounts. One with an avatar and a number and this one. I'll send this back to the support folks to find out how they were supposed to be handled/merged.

Thanks!

John

I too have two accounts one originally under MacroMedia for DreamWeaver the email address is the same as used for adobe forums.

The USER ID was Pjones, CET and Name was PHILLIP JONES.

For Adobe Forums the email address is the same USER ID is PjonesCET and name is Phillip Jones (yes I use my name in forums - if people want to make fun I want to make sure they know my name).

The email address for my adobe.com store account is same as email address as my account under the old MacroMedia system, and the adobe forums system.

if I type in USER ID as PjonesCET it should sign in as PjonesCET/Phillip Jones. Instead if I type in in PjonesCET I get: Pjones, CET/ PHILLIP JONES (USER ID/NAME). I haven't been until recently in the old DreamWeaver forum (and that was only by accident) in years. I posted a Couple of Newbie questions and was Totally ignored. So figured out how to get what I wanted done, although it took much longer. Evidently they were only interested in answering questions from other experts. I' would just as soon have that account merged in to the one I have now or killed altogether, so that when I type in PjonesCET I am signed in as PjonesCET/Phillip Jones as now.

When we were in the old webX system and they used permanent cookies the cookie would not set if you used you email address (in my experience) only if you used your ID. And I expect if we go back to a similar system it will work that way again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is something completely different. Jesse had one account and was using it in the new forums until one day he logged in and saw his account reset and the original still there under a new name (Jesseham-JAh5xl). It was a system glitch.

John

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,
Jul 31, 2009 Jul 31, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It was a system glitch.

You mean "is" a system glitch. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Jive Gods are angry once again...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Another

2s1m1s9.jpg

2s1m1s9.jpg

or two.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We have to make a sacrifice to the Jive gods to appease their anger, so the software behaves again.

This is how it all works on Planet Jive.

(I'm not making this up, their stupid conference is named JiveWorld, so apparently they are aliens from another planet...here to destroy the forum browsing experience of all humans...)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I stated a few days ago that they must be aliens with their own laws concerning time and space.  A post dated two days ago might be listed AFTER one that is a month old.  And you can go back one page and end up in a completely different forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Pretty Earthnocentric to assume that we're right though, huh?

Maybe all the login problems are really due to the fact that we haven't yet logged in!

And the overzealous search is really searching the future!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You suppose that the are related to Bazaaro World from SuperMan Comics.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines