Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Application Octet Stream

Sep 25, 2009 Sep 25, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why, when I click on a Last Post link on a forum page, do I sometimes get a request to launch an Application Octet Stream from adobe?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Sep 29, 2009 Sep 29, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks I'll see if I can get it that way. I do move around pretty fast and I'm loading the next forum before the previous one has finished.

But that's jivespeed!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Oct 01, 2009 Oct 01, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I managed to reproduce the problem and it is indeed a problem decoding the content. The root cause appears to be on the server side and Adobe has opened a case with Jive.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I didn't want to start a new thread but this is a new twist on the theme.

solution.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, that one really helps rule out some of the suspects.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Oct 02, 2009 Oct 02, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I saw something similar to that screenshot recently when going to another forum. OSX10.4.11 & Safari 4.0.2 if it matters.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jive is in the process of changing the forum server proxies to fix this. No forum downtime, and the change should be completed by the time you read this. Please let us know if the situation continues after this.

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

While at it they need to upload the 2.5.13 Clearspace update.

(Please note information is given by an Experienced User of Acrobat. I am not an employee of Adobe.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines