• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Are we there yet? Are we there yet?

Advocate ,
May 09, 2009 May 09, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hasn't the scheduled time for the forum update been and gone? I see no breadcrumbs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Guide , May 09, 2009 May 09, 2009

Kath-H wrote:

I see no breadcrumbs

I see them and love them already.  Very useful.   One major irritant is gone.

Thank you John!   

Votes

Translate

Translate
Advocate ,
May 10, 2009 May 10, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Now see, if we could see more than one post while replying, as we used to, you wouldn't have had to post, go back, check for the right name and edit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Kath-H wrote:

Now see, if we could see more than one post while replying, as we used to, you wouldn't have had to post, go back, check for the right name and edit

I don't know how most have their forums set up, with all the work arounds and other items loaded. But for me I use the non-thread style and each person's thread has a reply button.

Most often I reply to a given person's post. Yet the way the system is setup, it puts whatever the latest post at the end, rather than insert it under the person thread to which you/or me or whomever is being replied too.

And it usually seem with me any way that folks may comments or snide remarks about my posting even if the post is not directed to them.

Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you post publicly, you're open to public criticism.

It's that simple.  Learn to live with it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ramón G Castañeda wrote:

If you post publicly, you're open to public criticism.

It's that simple.  Learn to live with it.

Well that works both ways.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You don't say?!  You are beyond belief!  Just when I thought you couldn't possibly present yourself in a worse light…

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Phillip. what you describe is exactly how the non-threaded or flat view is *supposed* to work. Each post tagged on the end in chronological order. If you want to see replies inserted below the post being replied to, you need to use threaded view.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

On the subject of threading, I am convinced that PJ will:

<label><input name="pj" type="radio" value="1">Never understand threading</label><br>
<label><input name="pj" type="radio" value="2">Never be able to communicate such understanding</label><br>
<label><input name="pj" type="radio" value="3" checked="checked">All of the above</label>

BTW, I just re-read this thread and realised that I forgot to thank JC & Co.

Thanks for the footer breadcrumbs!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
May 09, 2009 May 09, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Now, there's also a time limit on when you can edit your posts. Whether it's time based or session based we have to discover. Probably time-based as i didn't have to log in this time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

jhabrix wrote:

Now, there's also a time limit on when you can edit your posts.

How do you figure that?  I see older posts of mine that are still editable right now.    

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you lose editing rights of your post when somebody replies to it, see? you can't edit your post anymore

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Zeno Bokor wrote:

you lose editing rights of your post when somebody replies to it, see? you can't edit your post anymore

We all know and knew that, Mr. Not-So-Smarty Pants.  (Man, you are irritating!)

The guy wrote "Now, there's a time limit".  What's new?

jhabrix wrote:

Now, there's also a time limit on when you can edit your posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ramón G Castañeda wrote:

The guy wrote "Now, there's a time limit".  What's new?

Earlier there wasn't a limit... as has been discussed in several (at least one for sure) threads  but i noticed today that after a while the Edit option was missing from my posts, even though there were no replies.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

jhabrix wrote:

…i noticed today that after a while the Edit option was missing from my posts, even though there were no replies.

Maybe you had been logged out?

I still see many older posts of mine that are editable.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ramón G Castañeda wrote:

Maybe you had been logged out?

I still see many older posts of mine that are editable.

Ramon...

Pl see my first post on this matter.... i did not log out... and anyway, even if you logged out you could still edit posts... wish i could remember where i saw that thread... but, essentially, the poster was saying that even after folks replied to his post, he could edit it and as a result its time would show later than the replies!

PS: And, as of now no substance abuse

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You might well see the Edit button, but you can't actually edit if you're not logged in. I think

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Kath-H wrote:

You might well see the Edit button, but you can't actually edit if you're not logged in. I think

No 'Edit' button, hence the statement....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines