• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Are we there yet?

LEGEND ,
May 24, 2012 May 24, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unless I am very wrong, it's now 7 1/2 hours since Monday 23, 8:30 pm PST, and the forums are fully operational. Yet a look at the first three item in this list shows no change:

http://forums.adobe.com/thread/999431?tstart=0

Are we there yet?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We're never "there". We're here. However here is moving closer to there. It's 04:40 and another update has just landed with a gentle phouf.

1. Not showing count of user messages next to their names in a thread - FIXED
  2. No "in response to" or item numbers/links in messages in a thread  - FIXED
  3. Status levels are not displaying an image (meatballs, sausages, red bars) or status level name, just saying Community Member - NOT YET

The rest of the list is being worked on.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank goodness there is some progress

I noticed immediately a welcome reduction in white space which will reduce the need to scroll (important for people with "mouse hand").  I wish there wasn't as much wasted space at the top of the forum page.  My whole 29" screen is taken up with the forum title and search bar.  I have to scroll to see even the top of the list of discussion threads.

The implementation of the count of user messages and sign up date is rather weird. The date is there without any explanation of what it means and could be mistaken for the date of the current post by people not used to the forum.

Anyway, any kind of progress is welcome, and the critical numbering of the posts and the "in response to" information are a good start!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's supposed to say "..posts since..." and one day, maybe it will 

acresofgreen wrote:

The implementation of the count of user messages and sign up date is rather weird. The date is there without any explanation of what it means and could be mistaken for the date of the current post by people not used to the forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I hope the Last Post column will soon be formatted in a more legible manner.  The current implementation has everything all squashed together.

Capture.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hope the Last Post column will soon be formatted in a more legible manner.  The current implementation has everything all squashed together

You have to trash the web cache to see it correctly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Clearing the web cache fixed the problem!!  It looks very nice. It is not evident, however, that clicking on the last post will actually take you to the last post (not formatted as a link).  I can live with that, though, knowing that it does.

Capture.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The list on the discussion page gives you a few options. You can click on the Subject line to go to the first message in the thread. You can click on the x minutes/days ago in the Last Post column to go to the end of the thread. You can click on a user name to go to their profile. The Modify Date column does seem superfluous, but is built into the core forum code and it isn't a link.

The Discussions page is also helpful if you are way deep into a forum. If you are on page 10 of the discussion list and click on a message to read it you can then click the Back button to go back to page 10 of the list. If you are using the overview view clicking back to it takes you back to the beginning and you have to keep loading up more messages at the bottom to get back to where you were. The way around that is to right-click on the message title and open in a new browser tab or window. That will keep your place in the original tab/window. But there is no choice to go to the start of the discussion from the Overview. It always goes to the specific message/reply and from there you need to find a way to navigate to the start of the thread.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I seem to have misunderstood the process. The announcement (still there), and earlier posts in the Known issues... thread had led me to believe that a full update was being prepared for the acknowledged issues, and that it would be implemented during the downtime of last night. It's OK if it is still being implemented with an eyedrop, but it was disconcerting to see, in view of my misunderstandings, that there were almost no visible changes. And I apologize, but haven't still had the time to check and comment on the changes that are there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I haven't updated the list in John's post, that's his job (and it's only just clocking-on time for West Coasters). As it stands right now, some of the issues on the list have been addressed, some have not, and yes there are a couple of new ones; so there will of course be more patches to come.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 27, 2012 May 27, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just wanted to say that the forums are way better than last week. Great to see the progress being made.

Cheers,

--

Neale

Insanity is hereditary, you get it from your children

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 27, 2012 May 27, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Dave Merchant wrote:

We're never "there". We're here. However here is moving closer to there.

Dave, it seems you didn't notice where the title of this thread comes from:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Are_We_There_Yet%3F

And I agree with nealeh's comment above: we are not there yet, but we are slowly and steaduly getting closer...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines