• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Are You Having To Log In Every Time - Or Is It Just Me?

LEGEND ,
Jan 27, 2013 Jan 27, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the past couple of days I have to log in every time I visit the forum with a fresh browser window, even though I click the [  ] Remember Me checkbox during login.

Is this something I've neglected to flush/clear, or am I not alone?  This is a definite change between pre- and post-update, and I haven't done anything else to my system, which is otherwise functioning perfectly.

Why is it so much to ask that things just work the way they're supposed to?  Through these little things those of us who help Adobe's customers are made to feel more and more unwanted.

-Noel

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

FYI, I cleared temporary internet files, cookies, and pretty much everything that's persistent.  No dice - I still have to log in every time.

My "logged-in" status still seems to work with other forum sites.

I'm on Windows 7 x64 with IE9, by the way. Not exactly an uncommon configuration.  I also noticed it to occur on my iPhone.

-Noel

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hm, I seem to have worked around it...

Somehow my "Delete Browsing History On Exit" option was set in IE.  Clearing that seems to have made it possible for me to be logged in persistently.  Perhaps someone used my computer and wanted to cover their tracks.  I'm not sure I would expect the "browsing history" to affect my login status, but I suppose it could make some kind of sense.

I don't see how that would affect my iPhone, though, but just now I found I was persistently logged-in there as well when I started Safari.

Possibly something was coincidentally changed at Adobe.com in the last 10 minutes?  If so, thanks for the fix, whomever did it!

Anyway, I seem to be back to having more convenient forum access.

-Noel

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Noel,

I had not experienced what you were going through (looks like you might have both the cause and cure?), but wanted to comment that another "power user," Ann Bens, also commented on exactly your problem, with Log-Ins, just before the "Scheduled Maintenance." Not sure if she rectified things, or if her Log-Ins started succeeding, as before?

I'll pass your observations on to her, just in case she's still having issues with Log-In.

Thanks for reporting,

Hunt

[Edit] Checked with Ann, and her issue was the cache and cookies in FireFox. She got her end of things handled, but I let know your IE solution, just in case.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There's definitely been a change.  Frankly, I don't mind the workaround - keeping the browsing history is acceptable for me here.  Thing is, I can't tell if this setting was changed coincident with seeing the problem; I do know I was getting persistent logins prior to a few days ago.

-Noel

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Definitely having problems signing-in, and I can't get Adobe to help.

I even recorded a screencast: http://youtu.be/rf7as_BPRuw

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Feb 01, 2013 Feb 01, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I've been having the same problem in the forums with getting logged out.  I logged out once manually then after that I've been having to log in each time after closing my browser.  It never did this before.  I don't have this problem on the main Adobe site.  I always seem to stay logged in there.  When I log in here, I select the checkbox to stay logged in and it doesn't remember.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines