• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Bad spam? filtering?

LEGEND ,
Jan 13, 2012 Jan 13, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried to post a question here about a missing post, and the forum software returned "Unexpected error" and ate my carefully typed post,

so I had to reconstruct it from memory, which was painful and annoying.

Why did it do that? If it going to reject a post because of soem content restriction that is going to misfire, can it be set up to do so in a way that does not make forum users lose work?

The post I was trying to make was: Disappearing posts -- forum bug?

http://forums.adobe.com/message/4137966#4137966

My diagnostics to determine the cause of the filter were this in the testing forum: http://forums.adobe.com/thread/948854

Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

May be problems in the server today.  THis morning if I clicked on a question it would just give window "unexpected error".  Did this in 4 forums I tired.

Then when I was able to reply I keep getting the warning window "a is a null".  Have gotten this error 7 times in typing this messagage.  Seems to come one every 15 seconds or so.

P.S.  When I tried to post this the site was down for servicing.

However, still getting the "a is a null" warning message.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

May be problems in the server today.  THis morning if I clicked on a question it would just give window "unexpected error".  Did this in 4 forums I tired.

Well, my point is that if it is going to give "unexpected error," it should not trash your post. It should either display your unposted post, or take you back to it, or save it for recovery. This is independent of whether the "unexpected error" is caused by server problems or spam filtering.

In this case, it's pretty clear to me that it was caused by filtering. See my post in the testing forum and the other one here, but it definitely tripped over one thing in the post in particular, the URL, and omitting that made the post work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The error had nothing to do with filtering. It was a memory/disk space issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines