Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Banned users

Nov 03, 2009 Nov 03, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, it looks like the thread on moderation was locked?  Not sure why and I didn't see any comment related to locking it. 

I believe that there might have been a typo on John Joslin's email address.  I believe it should read: [personal email addrressed removed]   Can the Admins please resend to that email address and see if it arrives without being bounced?

[Please dont put personal email addresses in a public forum.  PM them if necessary - Edited by Curt Wrigley]

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Already noticed that. John had a completely different email address on his forum account. Email notification was resent.

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks, gh and admin.

dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 04, 2009 Nov 04, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

In my opinion, banning users, deleting messages, and locking threads, without letting people know why, serve no useful purpose.

As shown here by a blatant and well know example, a banned user can reappear as many times as s/he sees fit. Unfortunately, the useful contributors that get banned are tending to never come back, which is a shame and a great loss.

Deleted messages without even a simple "message deleted by XXX" notice create confusion with the time stamps and incoherences in the remaining thread, and don't help other users to see with examples the kind of behaviour that can lead to deletion.

And locked threads without an expression of cause are just irritant, not informative.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines