After the downtime yesterday, the speed has improved from completely unacceptable to marginally acceptable, but some basic functionality has disappeared.
1. Usually when more than one answer has been given in a thread, one would have the 'Go to original post' appear. Now it often appears only after 2 or more answer and sometimes not at all.
2. When you recieve a Private message, the 'Your Stuff' field at the top would turn red, to draw your attention. No more.
Whom do we need to contact at Adobe to get some semblance of a functioning forum, instead of this very old Jive crap, that probably makes the Adobe-Admin tear his hair out each day, if he still has any left.
I am hoping that the discrepancies are because one node is still out of the cluster re-generating the search index for the site. I've seen some other things this morning where there are differences between what I see from two different browsers (for example, an account has an employee badge in one browser but not in the other). The node being out may have an effect on the synchronization between the nodes.
Hair? None left on top.
Three additional shortcomings I noticed:
1. Number of replies to a thread are inaccurate, it may show 1 reply and when you open it there may be 5 or more replies.
2. New posts or updated ones used to shown at the top of the list. That is no longer the case. You may have to swith to page two to find an updated thread.
3. New or updated posts used to be shown in a bold font. That is no longer the case, which makes it hard to identify new responses or posts.
Add to that the following message after posting:
Here are some more issues, that have been biting me with greater, and greater regularity: http://forums.adobe.com/thread/789815?tstart=0
I kept hoping that things would get better, as I was noticing issues leading into the weekend. Well, today (Feb. 15) will be known as "Black Tuesday" in my book, as things keep getting worse.
I had made note of the Replies Count being off, and Replies and Posts coming and going, seemingly at random.
Coupled with the speed issues, the constant logging-in and the "Unexpected Error... " messages, plus the servers just being down, I am about ready to pack it in for today, and declare "wine-thirty" early.
Good luck to us all,
[Edit] At least this Reply posted without having to jump through flaming hoops!!!!