• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Best software to design multi-platform app?

Explorer ,
May 15, 2013 May 15, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello.  I don't know if I'm in the right place to ask this.  I searched the forums for awhile and finally decided to try here.

I am wanting to create/design an app for my company.  I created something similar through Flash with AS2 where you clicked on a button and it played a video.  It seems pretty simple.  I want to make it an app now.  However, to make it an app in Flash, I need to design it with AS3.  I don't know how to do that.

So, does anyone know what the best software is to use for making an app that will play on iOS and Android, Blackberry, and Windows devices?  I thought about Digital Publishing Suite, but there doesn't seem to be a place where I can test that out.

Help would be greatly appreciated!  Thanks!

EDIT:  Also, this app would need to be placed somewhere where a person could re-download it whenever there was an update.  I thought about just creating an interactive magazine with videos in it and putting it on newstand, but clients would have to purchase and download it all over again each time we updated it with new videos.  That won't work.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jun 07, 2013 Jun 07, 2013

To create platform independent apps, probably AIR is the way to go.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Participant ,
May 15, 2013 May 15, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Assuming you want to design a website for your company then the only product to use is Dreamweaver (still available as perpetual license for CS6).  DW is the industry Standard for websites and all that.  Hope this helps but you can always post a supplementary question for others to misdirect you to start using Creative Cloud by paying a hefty monthly subscription.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 07, 2013 Jun 07, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

To create platform independent apps, probably AIR is the way to go.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines