• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

breadcrumb links

Mentor ,
Apr 17, 2009 Apr 17, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have noticed that, since the new forums launched, the breadcrumb links often are incorrect.

For example: I am in: Adobe Forums > Flash > Flash

If I click the first Flash - to go up to the listing of forums in the Flash area the link is often (not always, but about 90% of the time): http://forums.adobe.com/community/flash?view=discussions | This link does not work.  It gives an error "You are not allowed to create discussions in this region" - because of the ?view=discussions at the end of the link.  When I remove that querystring it loads the page correctly.  I have noticed that when the link does work the querystring is ?view=overview.

This happens all over the forums, not just in the Flash area.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is basically poor naming convention on the part of the forum managers.

For example, Adobe Forums->InDesign->InDesign means that you are in the InDesign General area. If you click the middle InDesign link, you get a list of subtopic heads, and many of the other ones make a lot more sense. E.g. seeing Adobe Forums->InDesign->InDesign Scripting makes a lot more sense.

I have noticed the issue you're talking about too with regards to sometimes getting the "You can't post here" message instead of the subforums list. If you do get that scenario, the subforums show up in the sidebar on the right instead. Hadn't figured out what triggered it though!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is basically poor naming convention on the part of the forum managers.

Yea, but it is part of the attempt to shorten the Subject header in email notifications. Perhaps it would be better if parent forum titles used Forum in the title, just as this one does. The parent title is already excluded from email subjects.

Adobe Forums > Flash Forums > Flash
Adobe Forums > Flash Forums > Action Script 3

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ah, so it's about serving too many master, eh? Well, that at least makes some sense.

Yes, it seems like something extra is needed for the middle link. Flash Forums, Flash Fora, Flash Topics, Flash Tpc or something...

(And I had intended to edit that msg above, to rearrange it once I realized that wasn't the issue he was talking about so much as what I was ranting about, but it seems you can't edit a msg after it's been quoted!)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Apr 21, 2009 Apr 21, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For fuck's sake repeat the breadcrumbs at the bottom! It's a template! Given access even I could do it!!!!!

(And thanks for the naughty words filter, I can curse to my heart's content and not upset anybody).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Kath-H wrote:

For ****'s sake repeat the breadcrumbs at the bottom! It's a template! Given access even I could do it!!!!!

Agreed.  This should have been done within hours after the first suggestion/complaint came in.  Hours, not weeks or months.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ramón G Castañeda wrote:

Agreed.  This should have been done within hours after the first suggestion/complaint came in.  Hours, not weeks or months.

I haven't been tracking most of the threads as well as I should but, have they actually done ANYTHING to fix any of the complaints?

Edit: and just as an aside, when I hit reply, Firefox crashed. This is about the fourth time this has happened since the switch. I'm also still getting the 404 errors when I click on the last post link for any particular threads. That only happens when I first come in to the forums.

If Jive can't the their piece of crap software to work they way they intended to begin with, how are they going to actually make any improvements?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

~graffiti wrote:

… have they actually done ANYTHING to fix any of the complaints?

Absoluetely NOTHING, as far as I can tell.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The only change I can see is that everything is getting progressively  s  l  o  w   e    r.

Getting in ...

Opening message ...

Waiting for reply window ...

Waiting for quote to load ...

Waiting for reply to be posted ...

Yawn ...     Oh, let's not bother!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Apr 22, 2009 Apr 22, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

very slow today.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

dave milbut wrote:

very slow today.

The worst performance ever.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Slow here, it's not usually.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Why not concentrate comments on the speed of the forums here, as we did in the good old forums?

http://forums.adobe.com/thread/414970?tstart=0

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines