Exit

Brilliant! If only we had more like kanguyen

Engaged ,
May 11, 2009 May 11, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here's the thread:

http://forums.adobe.com/thread/416472?tstart=0

Please see kanguyen's responses. If only we had more like 'k', i think half the angst felt in the switchover would have been reduced.

John C is, of course, another one.

Three cheers for John C & Kanguyen!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 12, 2009 May 12, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks. We really are trying.

Often times I don't have anything helpful to add to a thread other than "we're looking into it." Which means just that. But too often it is taken as "we're getting it fixed." That is not a given. And it gets discouraging. So I tend to hang back a bit more than I want to.

Thanks for the support and confidence! It really is much appreciated.

John

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

adobe-admin wrote on 2009-05-12 18:32:

Often times I don't have anything helpful to add to a thread other than "we're looking into it." Which means just that. But too often it is taken as "we're getting it fixed." That is not a given. And it gets discouraging.

And reporting issue after issue without any response from Adobe doesn't

get discouraging?

Jochem

--

Jochem van Dieten

http://jochem.vandieten.net/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

adobe-admin wrote:

Thanks. We really are trying.

Often times I don't have anything helpful to add to a thread other than "we're looking into it."

John

that's a big help. also if nothing further to report after say a week, just a simple "still looking into it" helps.

as is said above, stone silence in the face of report after report is REALLY what's discouraging.

thanks, dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

John C & Kanguyen are helpful...

Other Jive ACE artists such as some Chris (something or the other) and a DorothyX (am i right?) are not. They should be banned for their arrogance. I do know that the Chris yahoo is something to do with Photoshop... well, let him stay there. And let him devote himself to fixing the never-ending bugs in that product instead of spouting forth nonsense where the forums are concerned. He has no right to be arrogant. He makes a product, we buy it. He owes his job to us. He should behave himself and not display his arrogance. Without knowing the details of Dorothy, the same applies...

What a marked contrast to, John C and Kanguyen... These two are truly helpful and responsive.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think you're one yer own on that one mate!  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

John Joslin wrote:

Are you saying that John C and K are not helpful? Well, if that's your take ok. But the link i posted of the various replies from Kanguyen shows an Adobe employee who seems to bother about the user. Same applies to various posts of John C. Wish it applied to others...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

jhabrix wrote:

John Joslin wrote:

On which one?

Knocking Mr Chris Cox.

Just because you disagree with someone doesn't negate the years of help he's offered. For long periods he was the only Adobe Engineering voice ever heard in these forums.

I wasn't referring to JC and Ms Nguyen at all.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Chris has also been back in here recently with a much more positive attitude. Dorothy, thankfully, is now largely absent. I really would like a clearer indication of what are seen as priorities by the forum team, where there is hope and where there is pretty much none. The acknowledgments and feed back have improved lately but please let's have more. People mostly want to help, but many give up or feel like it when they don't seem to be being heard.

It's not just details either - some issues really do risk driving people away (or already have) and/or causing serious damage to the whole aim of the forums. Points, scores, 'answered' - all look like downgrading this place to a yes/no answer system which would be a travesty of what the forums were.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just because you disagree with someone doesn't negate the years of help he's offered. For long periods he was the only Adobe Engineering voice ever heard in these forums.

too true mate.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

John Joslin wrote:

Knocking Mr Chris Cox.

Well, in that case, good for him... i'm only too glad if i'm wrong... however, there have been several posts from him in this forum that have been arrogant and what i would consider offensive to a paying customer of Adobe.

There's a marked difference in the tone of his posts and the ones from John and Kanguyen.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines