• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

[Bug] Can't update displayed screen name

Community Expert ,
Oct 24, 2019 Oct 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As stated in this thread, making a change on the Adobe Account My Profile page to the screen name doesn't seem to be propagating. Customer Support apparently gave the same information I did, so I suspect there is a break in the communication between the Adobe account information and the new community boards. 

TOPICS
Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Nov 07, 2019 Nov 07, 2019

I PM'd Melissa about the issue. She says that Adobe is aware of it and is working on a fix, but they have no ETA.

Edited on 03/26/2020: This is still an issue, but there is now a workaround. If the change you make to your username is still not propagating to here, post a message in the thread below and an employee will fix it for you.

https://community.adobe.com/t5/community-help/how-to-change-your-community-username/td-p/10962234

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also reported this problem yesterday.

https://community.adobe.com/t5/Community-Feedback/Forum-Bug-Cannot-change-forum-screen-name-from-acc...

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had not seen that. Sorry about that!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 07, 2019 Nov 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I PM'd Melissa about the issue. She says that Adobe is aware of it and is working on a fix, but they have no ETA.

Edited on 03/26/2020: This is still an issue, but there is now a workaround. If the change you make to your username is still not propagating to here, post a message in the thread below and an employee will fix it for you.

https://community.adobe.com/t5/community-help/how-to-change-your-community-username/td-p/10962234

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 07, 2019 Nov 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

>> Adobe is aware of it and is working on a fix, but they have no ETA.

They must have a very long and ever-growing list of required fixes by now.

With updates being deployed in fortnightly batches - following a priority list set by Adobe which does not necessarily reflect what we see requested in these forums - some fixes may take months.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 19, 2020 Jan 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue. @adobe: please fix this!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 21, 2020 Jan 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here. 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 28, 2020 Jan 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem here.  The availability of my email led to 2 phishing attempts.  This is urgent.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 26, 2020 Mar 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem, really frustrating Adobe doesn't take the time to even respond

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 26, 2020 Mar 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Go to this post in Community Help. If you can't change your screenname on your Adobe profile, post to this thread and an employee will fix it for you:

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 04, 2020 May 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I need my account name updated. For some reason my account name is displayed in all lower case. I just need a simple update to captialize the first letter of my first and last name. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 04, 2020 May 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@nina, if you click on the link in the correct answer post, you can make your request there. I believe that post is monitored by Adobe staff.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 05, 2020 May 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Will do. Thank you!

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines