• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can not find out how to turn on email watches or how to update email address

Explorer ,
May 08, 2017 May 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am not getting email notifications for the forums I am following. I have notifications turned on in My Preferences and I have a valid email address associated with my profile.

I have compared settings with a colleague who gets email notifications and there are a couple of differences:

1) She has "Email Watches" listed under My Preferences settings. I don't.

2) Under Following in the forum's page, she has "Email Watch" but I don't. I only get Connection Stream and Inbox.

What do I need to do so that I can get the option to enable Email Watches and start getting email notifications?

Also, I can't find a way to change my email address. Any suggestions where I might be able to do that?

Thanks,

Tassos

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you checked your spam folder? I've often had messages land in there until I could train the email filter that it wasn't spam.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Yes, I have checked the Spam folder. There is nothing from Adobe forum. I also made sure that I have no filters redirecting any forum messages to a different folder.

Thanks for the reply.

Tassos

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 11, 2017 May 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I still don't get email notifications. Does anyone from Adobe want to look into this problem I am having?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 12, 2017 May 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Tassos,

Thanks for bringing this up- this can be confusing.

Email Watches was a feature on an older version of our forum software, so folks who had accounts back then will see this option. If you're newer (last 2 or so years) you won't see this option.

So, all you need to do is follow things via your Inbox (this is the default when you click 'Follow') and then make sure Emails are ON for Inbox items in Preferences.

Hope this helps!

-Madison

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 12, 2017 May 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Madison,

Thanks for the reply. It helps explaining why I don't see the option but it really doesn't help much with the situation. It's really not easy to monitor the forum using Inbox and I am sure you understand the reasons. In today's world where almost everything is "push", I find it hard to understand why Adobe has this "pull" requirement.

I am not happy about this but it sounds like there isn't much I can do about this (if there is, please let me know). I hope Adobe enables Email watches again. For now, I will monitor my Inbox when I remember to do so.

By the way,

a) I have been a member since May 2010 and

b) I do not understand why it is possible for some members to have the Email watches option and some don't since we now all use the same software.

Thanks,

--tassos

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 14, 2017 May 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Tassos,

To be clear, you can still elect to receive email notifications.

Go to your Preferences - https://forums.adobe.com/user-preferences!input.jspa

Make sure "Receive Email?" is set to Yes, and then set to 'On' the different Inbox items listed (depending on what kinds of notifications want to receive via email):

Now, if for some reason you prefer to follow certain things in your Inbox, and totally different things via email, then you would set the Inbox items shown above to 'Off' and then set up a separate "stream" for this. If you use this method, a suggested name for the new stream is "Email watches" (but you could call it almost anything). You would create the new stream on the left-hand side of this page: https://forums.adobe.com/news

After creating it, go to your Preferences and set the new stream to 'On' to enable the email notifications.

And then to actually add things to that stream (such that you would get email notifications about those things), click the 'Follow' button in the upper-right for a forum or discussion and just check the box next to the new stream you created.

Hope that helps!

- Carey

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines