• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't access old community account to delete it

New Here ,
Nov 27, 2021 Nov 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a community account I want to delete but I can't access it as the e-mail I used is no longer in use. When I try to log in to it, I get a message saying I must change password but when I try an e-mail containing an access code is sent to the old e-mail so I'm stucck.

Can an admin' help please?

TOPICS
Community Information

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 27, 2021 Nov 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@John21957828zuda,

Fellow forum members can't help you with that. 

If you no longer use it and the email associated with it is gone, the account is as good as dead.  Is there some burning reason you want it deleted?

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 28, 2021 Nov 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for replying Nancy. The reason I wanted to delete the account is because my anti-virus software has detected an instance of my user name and a password (very close to that associated with the account in question) has appeared on the 'dark web'. When I tried to log into it with the intention of changing the password for a stronger one, I was greeted with a message that I had to change the password anyway but in order to do this I had to enter an access code sent to the dead e-mail so obviously I couldn't proceed.

If you say this is safe, that's good enough for me. If I need to use ASC I can access it with this account with my up-to-date e-mail anyway, so as long as the old, unusable account is safe then probably best left.

Thanks again for your prompt reply.

John Raszka

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines