• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't get email notifications to stop - please help!

New Here ,
Aug 28, 2010 Aug 28, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm posting this message per instructions for "How do I stop receiving email notifications from Adobe Forums?" at  http://forums.adobe.com/thread/416458?tstart=0

I have followed the instructions dated June 30, 2010, gone to "MyStuff  and followed all the steps in both  Email Notifications and Preferences. I'm supposed to attach a screenshot of the Email Notifications tab after step five, which would prove to you that I have indeed checked the radio buttons to "NO", but I can't do that because you have disable attachments. Please be assured that I have done as you say though - they both say NO!

As for the second request - the reply-to address from one of the email notifications, it's this:

clearspace-2031060691-770758-2-3091428@mail.forums.adobe.com

Can you PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE stop the notifications from coming? You may disable my Adobe account if necessary.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 28, 2010 Aug 28, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You also have to unsubscribe from the topics you have been subscribed to; see these instructions http://forums.adobe.com/thread/416458

If you cannot do that for some reason, you will have to wait for a forum admin during Adobe business hours.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Aug 29, 2010 Aug 29, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ebmmeyer wrote on 8/29/2010 2:36 AM:

As for the second request - the reply-to address from one of the email notifications, it's this:

mailto:clearspace-2031060691-770758-2-3091428@mail.forums.adobe.com

You are posting this message from the account with userID 773722:

http://forums.adobe.com/people/ebmmeyer

Yet the email notifications you receive are going to userID 770758:

http://forums.adobe.com/people/ebmeyer1

Make sure you log in to these forums using the correct account and

disable your email notifications as per the instructions (you are

subscribed to both a thread and a forum). If you need more assistance

you can provide the requested screenshots using the camera icon when

posting.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Others have very likely gotten you going with stopping the e-mail notification, but this ARTICLE will tell you where to look for all the settings - just in case.

Good luck,

Hunt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

that should be dropped into the faq.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm aware that I had two sign-ons, but the trouble is, or was, that the first one (ebmeyer1) stopped working.

It is in the midst of the recent Acrobat 8.2.4 update fiasco, and I needed HELP. I was able to post in the relevant thread, but thereafter, whenever I tried to sign on again I got caught in an endless redirect loop after entering my password. I was desperate, so I created a second sign on in order to participate. That worked for awhile, then it too gave the same result - and endless redirect upon password entry.

I was able to participate in THIS thread by pasting in the URL from one of the Acrobat issue email notifications, sent to the second account, into Safari. Only in Safari would the password go through, and only for the second account - not the first.

Now tonight - for a split second - the first account started working again - this time in Firefox. NOW I was able to get to the settings for ebmeyer1 and make the necessary changes. (Thanks for the article!)

I hope to gawd this works. The "Contact Adobe" help page gives no hint of where to write for a situation like this - where accounts suddenly seem to crap out on you. All they do is tell you to sign on. What the hell do you do when you CAN'T??????

Thanks to all of you for your responses.  Once I close this browser window I may never be able to sign on again  😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

With two accounts, you will most likely need to make the settings in the Profiles of each account.

Also, John, the Adobe Admin. will probably drop by on Monday, and will be able to help you, regarding the multiple accounts. He has been very helpful in similar situations.

Good luck,

Hunt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Aug 30, 2010 Aug 30, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bill Hunt wrote on 8/30/2010 3:20 AM:

Also, John, the Adobe Admin. will probably drop by on Monday, and will be able to help you, regarding the multiple accounts.

Although we can fix some other issues, nobody on the administrative team

for these forum can help with the account issue you are experiencing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I looked at both accounts, and neither of them is currently subscribed to get any email notifications. If you are still getting email subscription notices from the Forums please let us know.

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 31, 2010 Aug 31, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Jochem,

Sorry for any confusion. I was not having any issues with either accounts, or with e-mail notifications.

Thanks,

Hunt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ebmeyer1 wrote on 8/30/2010 2:19 AM:

I was able to post in the relevant thread, but thereafter, whenever I tried to sign on again I got caught in an endless redirect loop after entering my password.

I was able to participate in THIS thread by pasting in the URL from one of the Acrobat issue email notifications, sent to the second account, into Safari. Only in Safari would the password go through, and only for the second account - not the first.

Looks like you have an issue with cookies in your browser. If you are

interested in debugging that, start a new thread and post the exact

times (plus or minus 5 minutes) and results of all login attempts, the

list of browser plugins you use, the firewall/antivirus/antispyware you

use and what you enter exactly in the login screen (minus the password

of course).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines